cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQUIFAX SPLIT FILE FIASCO!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

tag
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

EQUIFAX SPLIT FILE FIASCO!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello all, 

So it's been a while since I've posted anything here.  I'm still on the credit rebuilding journey that I embarked on exactly one year ago (May 2014).  My scores have continued to climb and I have obtained additional lines of credit that would have been nearly impossible before.  I've noticed that my Equifax score has been significantly lower than the other credit bureaus, but I didn't know why...  I did notice that 4 positive trade lines were not being reported on my credit reports with FICO, CreditKarma, etc.  I kept calling Equifax, as well as the credit card companies, and they both promised the accounts were being reported every month!  I finally spoke with a more knowledgeable Equifax customer service representative that stated, "I think you have a split file."  This was the first time I've ever heard of the term.  He sent a copy of my credit report via snail mail, and in fact, all of the trade lines are being reported on a completely separate file!

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO NOW...

I'm annoyed because I recently applied for the Discover It card which I was denied (BASED ON THE INCOMPLETE INFORMATION FROM MY EQUIFAX CREDIT REPORT), and they stated I could get the credit card with a credit-worthy cosigner (which in my opinion is flat out insulting)!

I NEED TO GET MY EQUIFAX FILES MERGED BACK TOGETHER!!!

Has ANYONE out there had this happen, and what was the solution?  Thanks, in advance, for helpful info!

Current FICOs: (11-02-15) EQ- 623 (628) / EX- 643 / TU- 679
Starting FICOs: (May 2014) Low to mid 500s (all 3 bureaus)
GOAL: As HIGH as possible! All 3 FICOs above 680/700 will be NICE!!!
Total Credit Limits- $104,120
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQUIFAX SPLIT FILE FIASCO!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

I read people have split files for many reasons. Some are too many credit pulls others are disputes.

Here is a thread about it.
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/How-Mixed-Split-Credit-Files-Happen-and-What-t...

I read you can call EQ and ask to speak to their split file dept to get this corrected.
Message 2 of 5
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I read people have split files for many reasons. Some are too many credit pulls others are disputes.

Here is a thread about it.
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/How-Mixed-Split-Credit-Files-Happen-and-What-to-Do-to-Fix/m-p/1798448#M169369

I read you can call EQ and ask to speak to their split file dept to get this corrected.

Thank you for responding!  I've been kinda busy or I would have responded sooner.  I haven't had many credit pulls, but I have had SEVERAL past disputes for inaccuracies.  I called Equifax, yet again, on Friday but they said the department that can take care of this matter is open Monday - Thursday only.  I will be calling them back on Monday!  I will be checking out the link you attached now.

Message 3 of 5
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

i called a lady from the excutive office and she fixed my file while i was on the phone. i wish i had keep her contact information so i could send it to you. If i can find it I will pm it to you. 

Message 4 of 5
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

@undrtkr65 wrote:

i called a lady from the excutive office and she fixed my file while i was on the phone. i wish i had keep her contact information so i could send it to you. If i can find it I will pm it to you. 

Thanks for replying.  I was able to speak with another Equifax rep that actually did an EXCELLENT job, over the phone, helping me to merge my credit profiles.  It has since been resolved and I am very appreciative!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.