Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQUIFAX collection help!

tag
OniStringer
Regular Contributor

EQUIFAX collection help!

So i have a specific account showing up as a collection on transunion, was exlcuded early, and on experian set to come off next month.

Now for equifax, DoFD is showing Apr 2016, so im wondering how experian is removing it on january. But anyways, how come its showing up as a "Other Account" rather than under my collections?

158570cebb652cc3132663b4e4ca4404.pngbd66ef1ec7aa905e87c8ce836727b308.png

Started with LOW 500s - Actively rebuilding as of early 2019
//
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: EQUIFAX collection help!

I wouldnt worry about it. Dont poke the bear with EQ. Let it be. I see dispute comment.

Message 2 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Experian does 3 months early exclusion (EE), TU up to 6 months EE. EQ only does 1 month EE (meaning it'd come off March 2023 at the earliest), but I wouldn't do anything with it, as they have a tendency to mess things up. The "section" it shows up under doesn't matter.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 8
Oscarb93

@OniStringer Were you able to get this removed? I have two charge off with DoFD same as yours 

Message 4 of 8
OniStringer
Regular Contributor

@Oscarb93 wrote:

@OniStringer Were you able to get this removed? I have two charge off with DoFD same as yours 

Yes, I was able to get them  all removed early. 6 months early on TU, 3 months on EQ, and 1 month early on EX.

//
Message 5 of 8
OniStringer
Regular Contributor

@Oscarb93 wrote:

I did TU online through Credit Karma to be honest.

EQUIFAX online through their own website.

And I called EXPERIAN. They gave me exact dates to call back and boom. Deleted. 

//
Message 6 of 8
Oscarb93

How did you do equifax online? I didn't see any options that would fit early exclusion.

Message 7 of 8
OniStringer
Regular Contributor

@Oscarb93 wrote:

How did you do equifax online? I didn't see any options that would fit early exclusion.

No option for it, if there is an option to type in additional comments. That's what I did.

I believe I chose the most similar option to "this item should no longer be reporting" , then just wrote in that i wanted to hopefully get an early exclusion on that item.

//
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.