cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERC Won't Budge

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
New Visitor

ERC Won't Budge

I have a collection on my credit from ERC. I paid the amount to them 8 months ago. I am now applying for a mortgage and removing this is the difference between 1 and 2 levels of underwriting and a good drop in interest rate. The debt was for $68 for Comcast for their equipment I did not return because it was lost in a fire. Comcast would not give me a break on it. After arguing with them for a while they sent it to collections. I have spoken to multiple supervisors and the "office of the president" at ERC and they said that due to their contract with Comcast, they cannot remove the debt from my report. They will not budge. I did notice that the address ERC had on file for me was incorrect. I have never lived there. Could I use that as an excuse? That they would have gotten that address from Comcast and if it was the wrong addess, how could I have received notices? I have also seen others post that ERC has removed a paid debt from their report. Can I argue discrimination with them that they will do it for some people but not others?

Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Contributor

Re: ERC Won't Budge

There's some GW success stories with ERC on the net. Now. If the box was lost in a fire. Did you have homeowners insurance? Also you can get a copy of the States Fire Marshalls report of the fire and damage to the structure. Yes they may still have you pay for the box that was damaged. But I would get the report. And send in GW request with the report and ask for the collections to be removed for such a small amount and all the cost you had to bear to move to a different location, and everything else that is invovled after a structure fire. That the cable box was the last of your worries at that time. And you were not living at the address after the fire. And how much you lost in the structure fire. They should remove it if they have any heart at all.

Here's a success story from here with contact info.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/ERC-Goodwill-Success-how-long-is-typical/td-...

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC at 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game. Pay it Forward!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.