Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVERY TIME SCORE GOES UP, SOMETHING HAPPENS

tag
RUSTY101
Regular Contributor

EVERY TIME SCORE GOES UP, SOMETHING HAPPENS

My score finally went up from 480 to 659. I had 2 unpd co from verizon.

Now pinnacle ca has bought the debts and assigned them to American Agency out of calif.

What happens now? As of right now, Pinnacle is not on my cr. I know they will put it on there and my scores will tank.

These were company phones, but looks like I will have to pay them.

Heres my questions. #1 These are over 4 yrs old. Just received letter from American Agency. Should I dv?  I know , now, that I signed for the phones, so tech the debt is mine. If I do dv, does it go to Amer agency or Pinnacle? I have not received letter from Pinnacle just American

#2 They sent me a deal pay half $ 81.00 and they will consider it pd in full. This will not help my cr tho, so should I pfd? full price or their offer of half?

I get so tired of this stuff, it seems when you take 1 step forward, you go back 2

Any way, I know there are some very smart people out there that can give me some good advice, and thank you in advance for it!!!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
My2cents
Regular Contributor

Re: EVERY TIME SCORE GOES UP, SOMETHING HAPPENS

Heres my questions. #1 These are over 4 yrs old. Just received letter from American Agency. Should I dv?  I know , now, that I signed for the phones, so tech the debt is mine. If I do dv, does it go to Amer agency or Pinnacle? I have not received letter from Pinnacle just American

#2 They sent me a deal pay half $ 81.00 and they will consider it pd in full. This will not help my cr tho, so should I pfd? full price or their offer of half?

IMHO I would pay before this make it to your CR.  You dont need any baddies to report.  At this time you are fending off the dogs.  Take care of your shiny 659.  Remember that shiny things tend to get peoples attention so divert them with a paymentSmiley Wink

That would be my2cents.
700 Club Member
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

See, that's how they make money. People will pay them just to get them to go away.

First, SOL on cell phones is 2 years nationwide (federal law.) So if these were cell phones, then they are just fishing, since they know they don't have a lot of clout, especially if they also don't have any supporting documentation.

Second, if you send them a DV within 30 days of them informing you of the debt, they must stop collection activities until they validate. If they validate the debt, then PIF with their agreement that they do not report it. If it's a cell phone bill, they can't sue, but they can still report, so they will likely negotiate, but first make sure they genuinely own the debt and have supporting documents, and go from there. The good news is that it won't be more than $192, and you can most likely prevent it from hitting your CRs.

Message Edited by likewise on 09-20-2008 10:51 AM
Message 3 of 7
RUSTY101
Regular Contributor

Ok, so dv? Since I have not received a letter from owner Pinnacle, dv the assigner Amer. Agency?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You would DV any CA reporting this account. And send them the past SOL letter at the same time!!

Cell phone SOL is 2 years as stated.
Message 5 of 7
mberry117
Regular Contributor

I know what you mean, mine just plumeted 33 points today.  My new jusband of 7 months tells me he wants space and this all in one day!  Yeah!!
Your Latest FICO® Scores
TransUnion 704 Date: 5/11/11
Equifax 666 Date: 5/11/11

Message 6 of 7
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

Sorry to hear that mberry.
Sept 07 EQ 419

April 2012 EQ- 669 EXP- 680 TU-700= Proud New Homeowner!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.