Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX Early Exclusion Info

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX Early Exclusion Info

Hey All,

Here is some info I just got regarding EX's early exclusion.  I have a CO that is scheduled to fall off in October.  I figured I would call today to see if they would drop it even though I know the general rule is three months.  Initially, I asked and was transferred to a supervisor who then transferred me to the Dispute department.  The guy in the dispute department confirmed that they would drop the negative trade line three months early and it will automatically fall off on July 18th.  If I call on July 1st, they will manually remove it.

One takeaway is you do not need to speak with a supervisor as she didn't know anything about this.  Ask to be transferred to the dispute department.

I hope this info helps/reinforces what is already on the site.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: EX Early Exclusion Info

That really does not mirror the experience most have had with EX and early exclusion 

Please come back and update once you call again 

Good luck! 

Message 2 of 21
rbentley
Established Contributor

Contrary to my experience as well.  The OP may be an outlier.  This may be an situation your YEMV, but I think we have a lot of data points for the usual advice on EX and EE.   I do not think that pushing EE requests to the dispute department is the best way to go.

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

The last time I called, I got a good person without supervisior too.  He gave me all the exact dates I could get early exclusions.  He said when I called back, I didn't need to get to a supervisor, but if the rep gave me trouble about the dates he gave me, tell them to recalculate the dates.  

Message 4 of 21
tbque
Valued Contributor

I too called EX today and spoke to a US CSR (initially asked for a Supervisor) and was given a 11/2/19 date that a collection would fall of my report and she said that it could be removed 3 months early not any sooner and that I should call back on 8/2/19 if it didn’t automatically fall off.

Message 5 of 21
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

This subject is front-and-center for me. I have an old collection that is scheduled to fall off my EX later this year. I already had the same account deleted under EE from my TU account.

My EX report says the collection will be "On Record Until: September 2019". Not sure whether that means the beginning or end of September. Regardless, by my calculation, June 2019 (this month) is three months before September 2019. Does that mean I can call EX and ask to have the collection removed now?

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ridgebackpilot, do it. You have nothing to lose by calling and asking. If the natural drop off date is 9/19, then you can ask for EE. If the EE date is 9/19, they’ll tell you.

FWIW, while TU does EE simply via a supervisor deleting the info, EX does it via the dispute department - it’s just how they do it. You’ll see a dispute opened on the account in question, which will be resolved and closed, and the TL deleted, typically the next day.
Message 7 of 21
jons998877
Regular Contributor

This explains things for me.. on my EX it gave me a date that it would report until, and it was always earlier than what it should have been based on the DOFD...  I had a few that said they would drop in June and July, so I asked for EE last month and I was confused why none of them were granted EE... now I know

Begin of Journey ( 9/2018) EX 508 TU 506 EQ 498

Message 8 of 21
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@ridgebackpilot, do it. You have nothing to lose by calling and asking. If the natural drop off date is 9/19, then you can ask for EE. If the EE date is 9/19, they’ll tell you.

Some of us would beg to differ.    While TU seems to be super easy and mostly fool-proof, there are a few of use who have had issues when speaking with (or contacting) EX regarding EEs.    It's only three months.  If you don't need it to come off for something important (like a mortgage), I would just wait it out.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@calyx, point taken. I recall Saeren’s nightmare. I should have elaborated - I’ve called EX to ask DoFD and EE dropoff dates with zero issues in the past, and then have called back once in the window to request EE. Calling to inquire on the dates should be no issue - sorry I wasn’t more clear up above.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.