Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX dropped 50, EQ dropped 60 when amazon account added

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EX dropped 50, EQ dropped 60 when amazon account added

@Anonymous wrote:

That does seem very odd. A second revolving account generally adds points. Perhaps something not obvious, such as a dispute comment that got placed at some point without you realizing and was just removed? That might account for an unexpected drop.

+1 That's likely the cause. The OP mentions disputing the TL in a post above. On the bright side, there's a sizeable jump in the OP's future when that TL goes away.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe thats is not it either, there is no Direct TV TL.   I disputed the CA TL in feb and it was updated then, so it is fresh.  Man, this is a bummer 50+ points gone. Smiley Sad

The tradeline may have updated, but it may be that myfico did not recalc your score when that change occurred.....I've heard of that sort of thing with Myfico. While the item is in dispute it's essentially removed from scoring.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys, Thanks for your comments.  That very well may be the case, but I will say that it is not just myfico scores.  I have the experian and equifax membership for a few more days (get them before going to myfico), and that is where the drop showed up first. I know EQ scoring models are different then Fico but that is where the drop showed first.

At anyrate, I will keep my eye on this closely.  I am going into the garden now, except for some CLI requests on my Amex and Amazon down the road. 

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I got a myFICO update on TU today - bumped up 34 pts - I broke 700!!  (702) 

I think I need to just sit back and let things settle for a bit to see the true reflection on my credit scores, there have been alot of corrections lately so its really tough to tell right now!  My only other credit objective for the year is to refi my car loan, I will do that with NFCU once EX and EQ correct.

Message 14 of 16
dbatl14
Contributor

I heard the FICO is going to use a new scoring model because this morning. My score dropped like 35 points after Target added a new account. Nothing on my report has changed over the last few months EXCEPT that  I received large credit increases on several of my account and I have low balances on my cards across the board. My increases equalled to about $10K spread across cards before my utilization was about 10% which should drop my utilization down drastically.

Plus that target card is only $300. So I have NO idea why it dropped so much, no inquiries or anything new on my report.

I was just looking at the date of your post and mine today which maybe a new scoring model maybe used.

My Wallet: Amex Everyday: $7000 | Amex PRG: NPSL | AMEX Business Reward: NPSL | Amex Hilton Aspire: $9300 | Amex Delta Gold: $15000 | Amex Business Plat: NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards: $22000 | Travel Rewards: $15000 | NASA FCU Advantage: $17,500 | DCU Platinum: $5000 | Barclaycard Rewards: $3500 | Capital One QS: $8500 | Capital One Platinum: $2250 | Capital One Spark: $7500 | Fidelity Bank: $3400 | Nordstrom: $16500 | Macys: $10000 | Walmart: $3300 | Amazon: $6000 | Target: $14500 | | Chevron/Texaco: $3000 | Discover IT: $4700 | Apple Card: $2450 | Citi Double Cash: $4000
Message 15 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@dbatl14 wrote:

I heard the FICO is going to use a new scoring model because this morning. My score dropped like 35 points after Target added a new account. Nothing on my report has changed over the last few months EXCEPT that  I received large credit increases on several of my account and I have low balances on my cards across the board. My increases equalled to about $10K spread across cards before my utilization was about 10% which should drop my utilization down drastically.

Plus that target card is only $300. So I have NO idea why it dropped so much, no inquiries or anything new on my report.

I was just looking at the date of your post and mine today which maybe a new scoring model maybe used.

There has been no change in the scores that this site uses in Scorewatch its still Fico 08 basic. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.