Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX won't investigate...

tag
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

EX won't investigate...

EX refused to investigate a dispute.  They said it has been previously investigated and was verified by the creditor.  I sent the CA a letter requesting validation of the debt.  Letter was received and accepted in their offices.  No response in over a month.  I sent copies of the letter, copies of the CMRRR and green card.  I called today and they said that they need something from the CA about the account.  I tried to explain that the CA has not responded and there is nothing that the CA can send about the account.  How can I get these items removed?  Do I need to send an ITS?  Please help!!!!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: EX won't investigate...

Message 2 of 7
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

What exactly does an MOV do?  What is the time frame for the CRA to respond?
Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

An MOV is Method of Verification.  The CRA has to tell you which method they used.  If they just used the automated type verification, it is just a database, done over the internet. 

As far as time frame, I believe you can stipulate that.  Give them 14 days to respond.

Message 4 of 7
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

And how is a MOV gonna force a CRA to actually investigate? Are they very successful?
Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If they do not you send an ITS (Intent to Sue).  That usally wakes them up when they realize 1.) You know the laws 2.) They are going to get sued.

Send the MOV CMRRR to create paper trail.  Same with the ITS, if it comes to that.
Message 6 of 7
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

Is there a form letter posted somewhere for the MOV?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.