cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPERIAN REFUSED TO to Remove Account In Dispute for Mortgage Loan- HELP!!!!

tag
aasmith73

EXPERIAN REFUSED TO to Remove Account In Dispute for Mortgage Loan- HELP!!!!

I received a report reflecting that the results of my dispute was closed on 2/4/16.

On 2/6/16, I requested to remove the AID codes via telephone from the accounts, I was required to state that I was no longer disputing the account, I agreed to the charges and the request to remove the remarks was supposed to be processed.

When my lender pulled by report on 2/11/16, the remarks remained. I contacted Experian and was told that their policy states that if a dispute occurred in the last 6 months, the creditor has to remove the remarks. I argued that I initiated the dispute and if I say that I am no longer disputing it, the remarks should be removed immediately. It is a CONSUMER STATEMENT, NOT A CREDITOR STATEMENT.  Thus, I revised my consumer statement to add “DISPUTE HAS BEEN RESOLVED.” THESE comments in particular are HIDDEN from from lenders when credit reports are pulled.

On 2/22/16,  told by Experian that the consumer statement “the system just doesn’t show it” with no specific reason as to why.  I also requested a copy of this policy or if I could find this information on the website, but I was told that they do not provide company policies to consumers. Experian representative stating that they will stand by policy that the creditor must remove the dispute comments on the basis that “the creditor pays Experian, but the consumer does not.”

I have already filed a complaint with the Consumer Protection Bureau and the Texas Attorney General.

EXPERIAN said they will respond in 60 days.

WHAT DO I DO??????

Starting Score: 627
Current Score: 634
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: EXPERIAN REFUSED TO to Remove Account In Dispute for Mortgage Loan- HELP!!!!

The CFPB is your proper channel, unless you choose to file your own civil action and pursue your asserted violation on your own.

I would wait for response from the CFPB.  It may result in resolution without your need to resort to the courts.

Message 2 of 8
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: EXPERIAN REFUSED TO to Remove Account In Dispute for Mortgage Loan- HELP!!!!

CFPB is involved, and in motion. Sit on your hands. 

The CRA's parrot what they get from companies, not people. We're the product being sold, not a customer of them, as a business.

The creditor dictates resolution/disputes to the CRA's, unless you dispute directly with the CRAs, which in turn contact the OC to advise them of said dispute.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you had any success getting the comments removed ? I am dealing with the same issue. Equifax and TU Were able to remove the comments in less than a week and Experian is telling me I need to wait a month. I don't understand how the other 2 were able to get confirmation from the creditors so quickly to remove the comment and Experian can't?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im interested also as Im going to be applying soon for a mortgae.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having the same issue right now. Curious if you were able to get this resolved?

Message 6 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

My guess would be that they did not, or they probably would have been glad to update everyone. Or they just haven't followed up on their thread ever since.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

A comment that was on my husband's was removed asap when he asked.  It was a very old 1 time late payment and it was due to a hurricane.  Not sure if that had any effect on it?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.