Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Exclusion (EE) - Clarification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Early Exclusion (EE) - Clarification

Taking into consideration a CRA may provide EE for an account nearing its date for automatic removal

6mo (TU), 3mo (EX), 1mo (EQ)

How does one determine when it is appropriate to approach the bureau and request EE?

I ask because when looking at an account in your Experian Dispute Center, a date is listed 'On Record Until' and if I count 7 years from 'Date Opened' it does not match the date listed for 'On Record Until'.

So, should we assume (in this Experian example) that we can initiate a request for Early Exclusion 3 months prior to the 'On Record Until' date or 3 months prior to 'Date Opened' + 7 years?

I was also under the impression removal date was calculated using 'Date Of First Deliquency' and not 'Date Opened'?

The reason I'm so confused is the information listed on this account doesn't seem to match up. Let me show you.

CO.png

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Early Exclusion (EE) - Clarification

@Anonymous wrote:

Taking into consideration a CRA may provide EE for an account nearing its date for automatic removal

6mo (TU), 3mo (EX), 1mo (EQ)

How does one determine when it is appropriate to approach the bureau and request EE?

I ask because when looking at an account in your Experian Dispute Center, a date is listed 'On Record Until' and if I count 7 years from 'Date Opened' it does not match the date listed for 'On Record Until'.

So, should we assume (in this Experian example) that we can initiate a request for Early Exclusion 3 months prior to the 'On Record Until' date or 3 months prior to 'Date Opened' + 7 years?

I was also under the impression removal date was calculated using 'Date Of First Deliquency' and not 'Date Opened'?

The reason I'm so confused is the information listed on this account doesn't seem to match up. Let me show you.

CO.png

What I’m seeing is that this account was opened 1/13 & was never current ( at least no data provided), so 1/2020 would be 7 years, hence the opening date being the same as DoFD. If you count back 3 months from 1/2020 (Dec, Nov, Oct), it will fall off in 9/19, which is already factoring in the early exclusion where it states it will remain on record until 8/19. 

Message 2 of 5
calyx
Super Contributor

+1 - Experian has been factoring in the three month EE on their reports lately.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for looking it over. I'll wait it out. I'm very anxious for this to fall off.

Message 4 of 5
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

I would suggest calling in and check... I had a collection set to fall off in June 2019 as per experian but the 7 year was only in September 2019. I did try in March, they said no but I again tried in May and they removed it.

Also one other factor that I noticed is, "On record until" date in Experian report is matching with Equifax, even though Equifax didn't had a fall of date on their report. Also Equifax removed it 1st of the month as opposed to end of month from Experian

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.