Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Exclusion didn't Happen

tag
eastsea
Regular Contributor

Re: Early Exclusion didn't Happen

@Anonymous wrote:
I just got another automatic early exclusion from EX. So that makes two they have excluded early without me asking. 3 months earlier than it was supposed to fall off based on the DofFD.
TU I had to call but it was super easy and worth it for 6 months early.
Now I’m just waiting on EQ. I’m not going to poke the bear just for 1 month early so I’ll just deal with it on my report for a little bit longer.

When did you do the EE with TU?  Was it 6 years and 6 months after DOFD?  

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Early Exclusion didn't Happen

@eastsea wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I just got another automatic early exclusion from EX. So that makes two they have excluded early without me asking. 3 months earlier than it was supposed to fall off based on the DofFD.
TU I had to call but it was super easy and worth it for 6 months early.
Now I’m just waiting on EQ. I’m not going to poke the bear just for 1 month early so I’ll just deal with it on my report for a little bit longer.

When did you do the EE with TU?  Was it 6 years and 6 months after DOFD?  

Yes. You don't have to figure it out with TU. When you order your annualcreditreport or paper reports you get back from disputes, it says clearly "estimated month and year item will be removed". It is the last line below the monthly data for any negative items. Even public records. That is the great thing about TU. Mine said December for removal. So the first week of June I filed a dispute online. I choose "other reason" I think. Then I wrote a short paragraph asking for early exclusion. Something like: this item is scheduled to be moved on X date. Please consider this item for early exclusion from my report under your 6 month early exclusion policy. After I submitted it I received a message a few hours later that said "this dispute requires manual review". A few days later I received a notice that it was deleted. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.