Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Exclusion - question

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Early Exclusion - question

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got off the phone with TU they said they could "dispute" the item as being to old be to on the account. Took about 30 minutes and they said they would get back to me in 5-7 days by mail with the result; they also said it could take 30-45 days to investigate. (whats to investigate? the date is right there for all to see.) I have no way to verify this unless I do the CCT cancel or wait for an alert from another service. I'll update again when I get something more solid. In the mean time should I attempt the other two? 

Its their standard language that they use to cover their rears I would not read anything else into it. TU actually calls their EE process a 'dispute'.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian told me today they have no issues for early exclusions for me but they have to be within 3 months of falling off

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you PM me the number and maybe the verbage you used for Experian? Thank you.
Message 13 of 15
heather06
New Contributor

Update: I called TU and spoke to CSR and they said they could dispute. I told them I did NOT want to dispute it and asked to speak to a supervisor. Once on with the supervisor I asked if they could do an early exclusion for my account (which was due to fall off in February 2018) and he said he would delete it. The supervisor deleted while i was on the phone and told me they would send me an updated report via mail. Smiley Wink Took all of 5 minutes total for me! Smiley Happy I believe it is also reporting on Experian so I will try them tomorrow to see about getting it removed from there as well. From what I read on other threads on early exclusion some individuals have had success with it being removed earlier than 6 months from Experian so it will be worth a try. Great news is that this is the ONLY negative I had reporting on my accounts - now on to pay down my cc's so that i can improve my utilization.....

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

congratulations!

Update: So I didn't like the word "dispute" as it is not EE. So I called back and within 15 minutes the supervisor told me again that the account had all ready been disputed this morning and was no longer on my account! So dispute it is lol..2 more to go. I think I'll try my hand at EX tonight since i'm still 4-5 months out I'll temper my expectations. 

Update 2: Experian.. also likes to call it a dispute even though I was very clear this was for EE. Total time on phone 1:40 minutes and I think they took it off? She said she was able to complete the request so.. I think it's time for another CCT. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.