Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Exclusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Early Exclusion

Hi 

I have a collection that's due to fall off on July 8th 2021.   A Transunion supervisor denied my EE request.  They said instead I can start a dispute but it's not guaranteed that an EE would be granted.  Is it better to open a dispute to see if I can receive an EE? Or just keep trying.  Thanks

Message 1 of 82
81 REPLIES 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Early Exclusion

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi 

I have a collection that's due to fall off on July 8th 2021.   A Transunion supervisor denied my EE request.  They said instead I can start a dispute but it's not guaranteed that an EE would be granted.  Is it better to open a dispute to see if I can receive an EE? Or just keep trying.  Thanks

Where did you get July 8th? Is that what the supervisor told you?

If you havent already, I would pull your credit report from annual credit report for free (no score) and verify the "estimated date of removal" they have listed, as it usually is only month/year. If it is 8/2021 or earlier, you should be able to request EE.

Sometimes you just have to HUCA (hang up call again) until you get someone that knows what you are talking about.

Message 2 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous @Anonymous  Have you reached a TU representative who refused to tranfer to their supervisor? If so, do you just hang up and call again?

Message 3 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I'm piggy backing on this thread as I was told in another that I could be walked through the EE process.

I have three accounts I'm trying to figure out. TU shows that a JPMCB and TD/Target account will fall off 9/21. There is a Macy's account that will fall off 11/21. Am I eligible to attempt an EE right now on the first two, or should I simply wait until March to give it a go. What exactly should I say when I call? How exactly does one go about this?

Also, how do I get similar dates from EX and EQ. I'm a noob and can't figure it out.

Message 4 of 82
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I'm piggy backing on this thread as I was told in another that I could be walked through the EE process.

I have three accounts I'm trying to figure out. TU shows that a JPMCB and TD/Target account will fall off 9/21. There is a Macy's account that will fall off 11/21. Am I eligible to attempt an EE right now on the first two, or should I simply wait until March to give it a go. What exactly should I say when I call? How exactly does one go about this?

Also, how do I get similar dates from EX and EQ. I'm a noob and can't figure it out.

With TU is no more than 6 months in advance it would be denied till after sometime in March. As far as EX & EQ you may need to pull actual mail to you copies to get the dates they are scheduled to be excluded.

Message 5 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 would a phone call to the bureau give me that information?

Message 6 of 82
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 would a phone call to the bureau give me that information?

I am not sure, you can give it a whirl if you wish.

Message 7 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked at my EX report and cannot figure out where the drop information would be located. Ditto for EQ. 

Message 8 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I looked at my EX report and cannot figure out where the drop information would be located. Ditto for EQ. 

You pulled the reports from annual credit report?

In your thread i spelled out exactly where each thing is listed.

Since many of your COs are paid, EX will not have a "on record until" date. If any COs are unpaid, they will have the "on record until" date".

Message 9 of 82
Supertek

I had 2 of my soon to drop off baddies early excluded from my Trans Union file yesterday! The way it worked for me was to request it in my Trans Union self service app.

I did try the call and request route but the first time I did I could hardly understand the rep due to the language barrier. I was roundly declined and told Trans Union does not do that. The second time I called, the rep had better English speaking skills and at least I wasn't asking her to please repeat herself every other sentence. She didn't know what early exclusion was. I asked to speak to her supervisor and a surly guy came to the phone and essentially scolded me for asking and again told me to wait it out. I think right now most if not all calls end up in overseas call centers but  the web based requests and inquiries are perhaps stateside?

Yesterday afternoon feeling I had nothing to loose, I made my request on thier website and 2 hours later was granted my exclusion requests!

Message 10 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.