Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Exclusion

tag
IodineNightSky
Regular Contributor

Re: Early Exclusion

@Supertek when you say "transunion self-service app" are you saying you did inquiries through the app or are you saying there is some sort of email or chat function on there where you requested EE and it was granted. 

i have two COs in that 6 month window and ive tried calling without success, but i definitely dont want to do a dispute for them - but if this self-service app has another route for us to ask them, i'd love to know about it. 

thanks.

Current FICO 8s:
EQ: 712 - TU: 719 - EX: 707
Mortgage Ficos: EQ5: 708 - TU4: 729 - EX2: 700
Current Middle Mortgage Score: 708
Goal Scores: 740+

Message 11 of 82
Supertek

I did use the TU dispute feature but selected "other" on the reasons page. That opens two dialog boxes that require comments to be added. I stated " Early Exclusion Request" for box one and "Early exclusion requested for this Tradeline. This Tradeline is due to drop off on 8/21." in box 2. Two hours later I got the "Your dispute has been resolved' notice and logged in to find the action notice of account deletions.

Not sure why you seem adverse to using the dispute dialog to accomplish this. You're not really disputing anything and no information should update. It's just a venue to get your mesage to someone that may  just make your day!

Good luck!

Message 12 of 82
IodineNightSky
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info. 

The reason for hesitation is that i've read many horror stories on here about people who make it a million percent clear that they're not disputing the validity of the tradeline (and only asking for EE) yet the CRA then updates it as "all information reporting correctly" or whatever the phrase is. Then to get that undone is a total nightmare. 

Current FICO 8s:

Message 13 of 82
CorySoccer
Regular Contributor

@IodineNightSky I was enjoying this thread until I came to your post! lol.  I'm in the same boat as some of the others who have a few charge off's/collections with all reporting the fall of date as April and the latest one July (I did get the exact dates from my full credit report).  I tried the early exemption for the July one a few months ago with each of the CRAs (since it's my biggest account) and Equifax removed it almost immediately which caused a huge jump in my Equifax score. However, TU gave me the "all information was reported correctly statement..."  I have yet to hear back from Experian.  When you say that it's a nightmare if they respond with that "all information...." what do you mean?

Message 14 of 82
IodineNightSky
Regular Contributor

If the negative accounts updates after it hasn't for a very long time, it will drop your score. 

Current FICO 8s:

Message 15 of 82
LP007
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi 

I have a collection that's due to fall off on July 8th 2021.   A Transunion supervisor denied my EE request.  They said instead I can start a dispute but it's not guaranteed that an EE would be granted.  Is it better to open a dispute to see if I can receive an EE? Or just keep trying.  Thanks

Where did you get July 8th? Is that what the supervisor told you?

If you havent already, I would pull your credit report from annual credit report for free (no score) and verify the "estimated date of removal" they have listed, as it usually is only month/year. If it is 8/2021 or earlier, you should be able to request EE.

Sometimes you just have to HUCA (hang up call again) until you get someone that knows what you are talking about.

That's what I'mma do next month. Call in, rinse & repeat.

Message 16 of 82
LP007
Frequent Contributor

@Supertek wrote:

I had 2 of my soon to drop off baddies early excluded from my Trans Union file yesterday! The way it worked for me was to request it in my Trans Union self service app.

I did try the call and request route but the first time I did I could hardly understand the rep due to the language barrier. I was roundly declined and told Trans Union does not do that. The second time I called, the rep had better English speaking skills and at least I wasn't asking her to please repeat herself every other sentence. She didn't know what early exclusion was. I asked to speak to her supervisor and a surly guy came to the phone and essentially scolded me for asking and again told me to wait it out. I think right now most if not all calls end up in overseas call centers but  the web based requests and inquiries are perhaps stateside?

Yesterday afternoon feeling I had nothing to loose, I made my request on thier website and 2 hours later was granted my exclusion requests!

Naw naw naw.You can't just drop a bomb like that and not show us what you did on the TU website. There's no EE button on their website.

Message 17 of 82
CorySoccer
Regular Contributor

@LP007 When you call TU, ask to speak to a supervisor.  Then when you get the supervisor ask to speak to the "Special Handling Department."  THOSE are the people that are (no offense) Americans who speak perfect English, all working from home that are a God-send.  I've spoken to them twice and they've twice used the EE to remove two accounts from my file within minutes. No joke.  Special. Handling. Department.  I can't stress that enough lol.

Message 18 of 82
LP007
Frequent Contributor

@CorySoccer wrote:

@LP007 When you call TU, ask to speak to a supervisor.  Then when you get the supervisor ask to speak to the "Special Handling Department."  THOSE are the people that are (no offense) Americans who speak perfect English, all working from home that are a God-send.  I've spoken to them twice and they've twice used the EE to remove two accounts from my file within minutes. No joke.  Special. Handling. Department.  I can't stress that enough lol.

BAM! April 23, here I come!

What about those Eq & Ex cats?

Message 19 of 82
CorySoccer
Regular Contributor

@LP007 Equifax was pretty good once I got to a high enough supervisor.  Their removal wasn't instant, but it took a few days which I'm definitely not complaining about.

Experian...oh geeze....they're impossible to deal with (at least in my opinion).  There were two accounts that had been removed by both EQ and TU.  EX is the only one that is not only not removing them, but they're not removing them for another month. They're ridiculous.  If anyone has inside knowledge about Experian, speak up! lol

Message 20 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.