Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Exclusion

tag
bass_playr
Established Contributor

Re: Early Exclusion

SUCCESS!

Everything I disputed disappeared within minutes....now, how long do I generally have to wait to see the scores update?  Tried going to TU's page to pay for a score update, but it only gave me an option to pay $25 for a membership.  What if I just want a one time score?  Already have a membership with myfico so don't see a need to pay for a second one.

Message 71 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suggest Experian. They offer "trials" for 1 week or 1 month. Soon as you activate, cancel it. Then you have the whole trial period and no charge. 

Message 72 of 82
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@bass_playr wrote:

SUCCESS!

Everything I disputed disappeared within minutes....now, how long do I generally have to wait to see the scores update?  Tried going to TU's page to pay for a score update, but it only gave me an option to pay $25 for a membership.  What if I just want a one time score?  Already have a membership with myfico so don't see a need to pay for a second one.

TU doesn't provide a FICO score - only a Vantagescore. If you want a one time score/report, you can do as suggested below, or buy a one time report from here on MyFICO for I believe $29.99.

@Anonymous wrote:

I suggest Experian. They offer "trials" for 1 week or 1 month. Soon as you activate, cancel it. Then you have the whole trial period and no charge. 

The trial is only for a week.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 73 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the past 5 months or so, they offer the higher tier as a trial. Bonus is it gives all 3 CRA FICO 8s plus additional FICOs for EX.

Message 74 of 82
bass_playr
Established Contributor

Thanks for the replies, guys.

So, TU updated rather quickly, and my FICO 8 jumped by almost 40 points.  So excited to see that!  Next stop, Experian when the second account reaches 2 months.  Experian removed the one in question as well but score has not updated yet.  EQ, I'm leaving alone, it's not worth dealing with their hassle for one month early.  Knowing them, they will find a way to mess it up.  

Message 75 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to get 1 account removed from Transunion and Experian. I called both today and got the standard reply that I have to wait until the drop date. But then I saw on this thread where people have had success doing an online dispute with Transunion. Well, weird thing happened...I log in and click dispute with Transunion and the collection acct in question is no where to be found! I literally just spoke with a rep who confirmed the account is listed and the drop off date is 5/2/22. Why is it not listed when I try to dispute it online? I wonder did they remove it anyway... Has this ever happened to anyone?

Message 76 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: To my surprise the account was removed from my Transunion report. The rep told me no when I asked for an early exclusion over the phone but somehow it was removed anyway! Woohoo!! 

myFico Transunion score updates

Score typeoriginalupdateddifference
Standard73680569
Mortage71775235
Auto loans73676428
Credit Card75582570
Other72379370
Message 77 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update on Experian. Initially I reached out to Experian on 12/3/21 via phone call to ask for an early exclusion. I was denied with a reason of "I called too early and needed to wait until 30 days from the drop off date to request an early exclusion." The item was due to drop off on 3/2/22. I decided to try an online dispute the same day using "Other" as the reason then listed "Kindly requesting an early exclusion" in the comments box. Received great news today  12/10/21, the item has been removed and my score received a 77 point increase. From 732 to 809 via the Experian App. Once myFICO updates, I will come back and list the changes for each score category. 

Message 78 of 82
LP007
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update on Experian. Initially I reached out to Experian on 12/3/21 via phone call to ask for an early exclusion. I was denied with a reason of "I called too early and needed to wait until 30 days from the drop off date to request an early exclusion." The item was due to drop off on 3/2/22. I decided to try an online dispute the same day using "Other" as the reason then listed "Kindly requesting an early exclusion" in the comments box. Received great news today  12/10/21, the item has been removed and my score received a 77 point increase. From 732 to 809 via the Experian App. Once myFICO updates, I will come back and list the changes for each score category. 

Lit!

Message 79 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian myFICO score updates as promised

Score Type

Original Score

Updated Score

Difference 

FICO Score 8

Mortgage 

Auto

Credit card

Other

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 80 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.