Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Exclusion

tag
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

Early Exclusion

I have a First Premier CO due to come off in July...how do I go about requesting an EE?

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
WayUpto850
New Contributor

Re: Early Exclusion

I have a few accounts I would like to see if I can get an Early Exclusion.  I have never done one, but I'm thinking we contact all three Credit Bureaus and ask them to exclude the account from the credit file.

"I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life."

Beginning Apr 2017 FICO 575
Feb 2018 FICO 701
Message 2 of 12
tiffjtiffj
Contributor

@haleyjen wrote:

I have a First Premier CO due to come off in July...how do I go about requesting an EE?

Call up Transunion and Experian and ask for EE (not dispute) of # of aging debts.  The rep will state they cannot remove it, politely ask for the supervisor who will process. Don't bother with Equifax its like pushing a boulder up hill, the other 2 are super easy if its within 3-5 months of comimg off.

Good Luck

Current EQ 634 TU08 670 EX 627
Garden: Take #25 (2017 - ouch)
2017 Goals: Citi Premier
Message 3 of 12
WayUpto850
New Contributor

Thx Much tiffjtiffj !!!

Feb 2018 FICO 701
Message 4 of 12
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

Will do!  Thank you!!

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 5 of 12
WayUpto850
New Contributor

I contacted EX and the rep was really nice.  She looked over my account and calculated the DOFD and date for automatic removal.  Then she advised the Early Exclusion can be requested 2-3 months ahead of date for automatic removal.

I have my dates - guess I'll continue to garden until then.

Feb 2018 FICO 701
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is so weird how two people can have such vastly different experiences with the same bureau.  I called Equifax to talk about one account that was coming up for possible early exclusion.  The rep on the phone not only gladly removed it, six months early, but then started suggesting other accounts she would gladly delete if I'd like.  Then she started removing inquiries which I thought was impossible.  I kept her on the phone for hours. In the end she deleted six accounts, four inquiries and two bad addresses.  

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Achieving - Any chance you asked that rep if she's single? She sounds like a keeper! Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should have.. can you imagine? I would be the most popular guy on the forums.  Dating the girl who make Experian early exclusions happen.  Smiley Happy  But now with my new shiny FICO score, I can afford to date someone in the same country as I am.  So watch out, America.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny, I just talked to EX today to try to get an EE for an account that is due to come off 1/2018. She told me it met criteria, then put me on hold forever and came back and said I had to call back after Dec 10th. It sounded like a different person came on the line after the hold. I'll try after the 10th I guess!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.