Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Exclusion

tag
LP007
Frequent Contributor

Re: Early Exclusion

@Supertek wrote:

I did use the TU dispute feature but selected "other" on the reasons page. That opens two dialog boxes that require comments to be added. I stated " Early Exclusion Request" for box one and "Early exclusion requested for this Tradeline. This Tradeline is due to drop off on 8/21." in box 2. Two hours later I got the "Your dispute has been resolved' notice and logged in to find the action notice of account deletions.

Not sure why you seem adverse to using the dispute dialog to accomplish this. You're not really disputing anything and no information should update. It's just a venue to get your mesage to someone that may  just make your day!

Good luck!

Well

I'll

be

d*mn.

"Other"

Im'ma shoot my shot on 5/23/21 for my 2011 BK. Wish me luck. Oh, what about Ex and Eq?

Message 21 of 82
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Agree with @CorySoccer , you must speak with the special handling Department  . . . no way around that and every time I was successful with TU . . . not EX or EQ. Smiley Happy

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 22 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LP007 wrote:

@Supertek wrote:

I did use the TU dispute feature but selected "other" on the reasons page. That opens two dialog boxes that require comments to be added. I stated " Early Exclusion Request" for box one and "Early exclusion requested for this Tradeline. This Tradeline is due to drop off on 8/21." in box 2. Two hours later I got the "Your dispute has been resolved' notice and logged in to find the action notice of account deletions.

Not sure why you seem adverse to using the dispute dialog to accomplish this. You're not really disputing anything and no information should update. It's just a venue to get your mesage to someone that may  just make your day!

Good luck!

Well

I'll

be

d*mn.

"Other"

Im'ma shoot my shot on 5/23/21 for my 2011 BK. Wish me luck. Oh, what about Ex and Eq?

It is the first of the month 6 months prior to the "estimated date of removal", it does not need to be a specifc date for TU.

If it says "estimated date of removal 11/2021" you can request EE 5/1/2021 at the *earliest*. I would wait until business hours to try, I tried too close to midnight once and it became a nightmare quickly.

Message 23 of 82
CorySoccer
Regular Contributor

@LP007 I have had good success with Equifax.  Asked to speak to a manager/supervisor and they were able to remove the accounts. I did have to call a couple times to get the right supervisor.  Some supervisors say "no" because I'm assuming they don't want to do it, too lazy or some other reason.  Whereas other supervisors will do it lickity split.  So if you don't get the right person, just keep calling back until you get someone who does.

Experian on the other hand?  They are the devil lol.  In all seriousness, I had ZERO luck with Experian. In fact they had wrong information regarding a charge-off and refused to remove it.  I had to wait months later until it dropped off.  I have other issues with them too...

Hopefully you have better luck with Experian than I did!

Message 24 of 82
LP007
Frequent Contributor

@Supertek wrote:

Good luck!

D*mn, d*mn, d*mn.

I don't think there's an "other" option in the 'reason' section for BK disputes.

Why are you disputing xxxxxx9?

Select the option that best matches the reason for your request.

It is not mine
It is inaccurate

BACKSAVE & CONTINUE

Message 25 of 82
Supertek

There may not be a "other" selection for a BK. I can only share what was available to me as options to "dispute" when I requested early deletion of a retail tradeline.

Message 26 of 82
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

I have an account due to fall off Jan 2022.   Is today, July 1st , too soon to ask TU ?    Or is it later in the month ?

Message 27 of 82
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

So excited today after asking TU for an early exclusion on my and my DW's BK7 filed in Jan 2012 (due to fall off Jan 2022).  TU granted them INSTANTLY, (like hit the submit button and email appeared saying the dispute has been completed). It seemed like an automated process without any human review.  I won't be able to get a Fico TU score for at least a week, but our VS3 scores (from Credit Karma) jumped up 80-98 points!

So we logged into our TU accounts and went to the Dispute Center.  There we started the dispute process and selected the BK7 in the public record category.  We selected the "It is inaccurate" and then "This public record is paid, satisfied or released" box.  Added a comment about seeking an early exclusion, and BAM!  Below is a screen shot that should help.  Good luck everyone!

EE TU submission.jpg

Message 28 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@800goal800 wrote:

I have an account due to fall off Jan 2022.   Is today, July 1st , too soon to ask TU ?    Or is it later in the month ?

July 1st is fine.

Message 29 of 82
AlanGJP
Established Contributor

Just chiming in here as I had a TU EE a few months back...

Calling does not work. Neither does asking for a supervisor. Both times I was denied and told to wait until Sept (when it was due to fall off anyway).

Out of desperation (and figuring I had nothing to lose) I tried disputing it on TU's own website. (Figured this was the best route) I can't recall now what option I picked, but within minutes I received an email saying it was approved and removed.

Use the website, forget calling - it's fast an easy as long as you're within that 6 month EE window.

Personal Cards:
Business Cards:
Closed Cards:
Data Points:
Last Updated: 2023/11/09
Message 30 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.