Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Exclusions

tag
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Early Exclusions

Has anyone had any luck with getting old accounts off their reports early? I was looking around on this forum and saw a couple of people mention that TU will do it 6 months early and EX 3 months and that EQ usually doesn't. I have 5 accounts that should drop off in Oct, Nov, and Dec of this year, so I thought I'd give it a shot and call them.

Started with Transunion, who said they can't add or delete anything from my report, all they could do was dispute the account as too old to be on the report, and it's up to the company who placed it on my report. I honestly didn't even bother to call Experian and thought I'd ask on here first.

Is this what I should do? Do I need to dispute the accounts as too old? From what I read on other posts, they made it seem like Transunion and Experian would just delete these things right away. A few people said they called and whoever they spoke to just deleted it for them. All 5 of these accounts are under the "potentially negative" portion of my report and every single one of them shows a late payment of 120+ days for like a few years. All of them are from a student loan that got bounced around to different agencies before they finally just garnished my wages and got all the money back. I feel like getting these off my report will help tremendously because I don't have any other late payments, but I do have 2 accounts in collections. One will fall off next month, and one next year. Other than that, my CU is at 60%, which should be at 1% by next month.

Thanks for your help!

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Re: Early Exclusions

I'm not sure who you talked to. My understanding is you need to speak to a supervisor when you call as the first line people can't do anything. I've gotten a couple EE's from TU and I have just opened a dispute online at dispute.transunion.com. Selected Too old for the Account. Then in the comments say I am requesting an early exclusion. Both times within a couple of days the dispute was closed and the tradelines gone. I have not tried this with EX yet, but I expect them to be similar from what I've read on the forums.

With this many accounts, you will likely take a hit on your AAoA, but you are going to take it anyway when they fall off in a couple of months. I would expect those 120 lates being gone to make up for the hit because of a lowered average age, but YMMV.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 2 of 57
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@dynamicvb wrote:

I'm not sure who you talked to. My understanding is you need to speak to a supervisor when you call as the first line people can't do anything. I've gotten a couple EE's from TU and I have just opened a dispute online at dispute.transunion.com. Selected Too old for the Account. Then in the comments say I am requesting an early exclusion. Both times within a couple of days the dispute was closed and the tradelines gone. I have not tried this with EX yet, but I expect them to be similar from what I've read on the forums.

With this many accounts, you will likely take a hit on your AAoA, but you are going to take it anyway when they fall off in a couple of months. I would expect those 120 lates being gone to make up for the hit because of a lowered average age, but YMMV.

I knew I wasn't doing it right. I asked the guy to dispute all of them stating too old to be on the report. Should I call them back and have them cancel the disputes and then do it myself online? I'm like 99% sure he didn't add the line about early exclusions.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Message 3 of 57
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Good question. I'm not sure what would be the best now. I'm thinking they will just give you the exclusion anyway, but you may want to just call back and asked to update the dispute and ask them to put that statement on it. Really calling them and opening a dispute is the same as opening one online, so you should not cancel as they are already working on it.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 4 of 57
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@dynamicvb wrote:

Good question. I'm not sure what would be the best now. I'm thinking they will just give you the exclusion anyway, but you may want to just call back and asked to update the dispute and ask them to put that statement on it. Really calling them and opening a dispute is the same as opening one online, so you should not cancel as they are already working on it.

Ok I'll call back and just have them update it. I'll just do it online for the other agency. Thank you so much for your help!!

Message 5 of 57
Civil
Regular Contributor

I had a short sale/Foreclosure that is suppose to fly off my report in next month 9/1/18, I called all 3 CRBs in February to see if they will take if off my report early and the only one that did it was TransUnion. I believe they go by the year and not by the month...so go for it.

Message 6 of 57
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

UPDATE: 

All 5 accounts have been deleted from TransUnion!! Now just waiting on Experian.

Message 7 of 57
Civil
Regular Contributor

Did you send letters or called them?

Message 8 of 57
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

I called Transunion and then just did a dispute online for Experian. The guy I talked to at Transunion said I would need to file a dispute to remove them, so I just did it online for Experian instead of calling.

Message 9 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just did what 

Message 10 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.