Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early exclusion success with 1. Need help w others

tag
cr101
Established Contributor

Early exclusion success with 1. Need help w others

Experian said that my federal student loan accounts should be removed within 1-3 days. Yaay! 

Here's the thing. The first delinquency was in 2013. The exact same loans have different number of lates and different dates for the first delinquency in EQ and TU. For instance, EX has 14 late payments for each of the loans. EQ has just one, but it's listed as a 120-day late from 2016. Every other month has no data. This seems weird, but do I need to PROVE to them that I was delinquent as far as back as 2013 so that I can get it removed? LOL.

The TU rep acknowledged that my first delinquency was early as 2013, but for some reason, the account was listed as being removed in 2023, which is 10 yrs. He's submitting a dispute for those. The loans were delinquent at one point, but they were eventually closed with the last few months displaying as current. The accounts were transferred to another agency. Does this make a difference or should they be removed after 7 years period bc it was delinquent for a long time?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Early exclusion success with 1. Need help w others

As i understand it if you ever paid on time after the late(s) in 2013, all that is likely to age off is the individual strings of lates as they hit 7 years. If the entire account gets removed, count yourself lucky Smiley Happy 

So with a date of 2023,  that would infer you were on time and then got behind again on 2016 - and never got that particular account caught up again. If that is not true, there's a problem.. 

Message 2 of 9
cr101
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As i understand it if you ever paid on time after the late(s) in 2013, all that is likely to age off is the individual strings of lates as they hit 7 years. If the entire account gets removed, count yourself lucky Smiley Happy 

So with a date of 2023,  that would infer you were on time and then got behind again on 2016 - and never got that particular account caught up again. If that is not true, there's a problem.. 

i never technically got "caught up" on the payments. i never made payments at all. if they're showing "current", i must have had them in some type of forebearance, deferrment, or rehab status. does this make a difference? 

seems odd that they would offer the courtesy of removing it from my report early IF the acct was closed while in a delinquent status. but, if it was closed after i made a payment, "no, we'll keep it on your report for longer" lol

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cr101 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i never technically got "caught up" on the payments. i never made payments at all. if they're showing "current", i must have had them in some type of forebearance, deferrment, or rehab status. does this make a difference? 

seems odd that they would offer the courtesy of removing it from my report early IF the acct was closed while in a delinquent status. but, if it was closed after i made a payment, "no, we'll keep it on your report for longer" lol

I have a few accounts like this, unfortunately on EX only. They do not have an "on record until" date. They were defaulted SLs and apparently the last month reported shows a green mark when tramsferred to the CA servicer. Meaning drop out date moved out 3 years (instead of 7 years it is now 10). Which would make sense in your case what is going on with the 2023 date. Unfortunayely I also disagree that it ended as a positive account when it was defaulted I never made a single payment bringing it current, I guess the transfer of the account made it positive somehow?

Message 4 of 9
cr101
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a few accounts like this, unfortunately on EX only. They do not have an "on record until" date. They were defaulted SLs and apparently the last month reported shows a green mark when tramsferred to the CA servicer. Meaning drop out date moved out 3 years (instead of 7 years it is now 10). 

EX is the bureau that removed mine and the last few months were in green. I have read here that ppl have had luck just by calling until they get the right person. I lucked out on the first call. Try calling again. Good luck!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cr101 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a few accounts like this, unfortunately on EX only. They do not have an "on record until" date. They were defaulted SLs and apparently the last month reported shows a green mark when tramsferred to the CA servicer. Meaning drop out date moved out 3 years (instead of 7 years it is now 10). 

EX is the bureau that removed mine and the last few months were in green. I have read here that ppl have had luck just by calling until they get the right person. I lucked out on the first call. Try calling again. Good luck!

Thanks for the info! The corresponding CAs are due to drop off as well. I will try to do them all at once in June. I just looked again and the green mark just shows "closed", but no "on record until" date. So weird because it was never brought current or anything when officially closed. 5 other SLs dont even have a green or closed mark, just no further reporting and they also have no "on record until" dates, but the corresponding CAs do. I will definitely try when the time comes!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cr101 wrote:

Experian said that my federal student loan accounts should be removed within 1-3 days. Yaay! 

Here's the thing. The first delinquency was in 2013. The exact same loans have different number of lates and different dates for the first delinquency in EQ and TU. For instance, EX has 14 late payments for each of the loans. EQ has just one, but it's listed as a 120-day late from 2016. Every other month has no data. This seems weird, but do I need to PROVE to them that I was delinquent as far as back as 2013 so that I can get it removed? LOL.

The TU rep acknowledged that my first delinquency was early as 2013, but for some reason, the account was listed as being removed in 2023, which is 10 yrs. He's submitting a dispute for those. The loans were delinquent at one point, but they were eventually closed with the last few months displaying as current. The accounts were transferred to another agency. Does this make a difference or should they be removed after 7 years period bc it was delinquent for a long time?

Do you have the payment history from the TU credit report from annual credit report? You say "early as 2013", but was in consecutive? Even with ND or just nothing reported breaks, mine still count on TU as part of the delinquency string.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cr101 wrote:

Do you have the payment history from the TU credit report from annual credit report? You say "early as 2013", but was in consecutive? Even with ND or just nothing reported breaks, mine still count on TU as part of the delinquency string.

Message 8 of 9
cr101
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

sorry for the late reply. i knew that i would have to dig through my reports and didn't want to do it yet lol. i probably got the reporting mixed up in one of my earlier posts. EX had them showing as current/green for the last few months before they were closed/transferred. i just looked at my TU report from 2 diff sources, including the weekly report from june and it does show that it was 120 days late when it was closed. i've never been happier to be late on a payment, let alone see it reported as late and not current at the bureaus Smiley Very Happy

regarding consecutive lates, the payment history over the life of the loans consist of consecutive months of lates, consecutive months of 'no data', and consecutive months of "payments", which must have been rehabs or some type of deferrment since i never made a pmt. this is a portion of my actual pmt history for 1 of them: "X/X/OK/OK/OK/OK/X/X/X/120/120/120/120/90/60/OK/OK"

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.