Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early exclusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Early exclusion

My husband and I are going to be applying for a mortgage in the next few months and his score his still lagging behind mine.

Looking at his report again I realized that one of his negatives is due to fall off in July 2015.  What do you think the odds are that he might get an early exclusion from all three CRAs? And how do you even go about requesting one? 

It's a BoA revolving account - DOLA Jul 01, 2008.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Early exclusion

@Anonymous wrote:

My husband and I are going to be applying for a mortgage in the next few months and his score his still lagging behind mine.

Looking at his report again I realized that one of his negatives is due to fall off in July 2015.  What do you think the odds are that he might get an early exclusion from all three CRAs? And how do you even go about requesting one? 

It's a BoA revolving account - DOLA Jul 01, 2008.

TU is known to do 6 months out, the others at 3 months. I would just send each CRA a letter asking for the early exclusion.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The DOLA has no effect on credit report exclusion.

What are the derogs under the accounts?

If a monthly delinquency, CR exclusion is no later than 7 years from date of delinquency.

If a charge-off credit report exclusion is no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the DofD.

DOLA is almost invariably later than the DOFD....

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a charge off. Just double checked DOLA (07/08) and DOFD (08/08) are 1 month apart... Makes sense. Still, 6 months would be possible. 3 months would be tight timing.
Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It doesnt make sense to me.

If they have reported a charge-off, the DOFD must, by definittion of DOFD, have preceded the date of charge-off, and thus the reporting of the CO.

Thus, I dont see how the DOFD be after the date of last activity reported by the creditor.

That makes me question the accuracy of the reported DOFD.

What do your account records show to be the date of first delinquency on the account?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was my husband's account... He never kept records.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.