Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early termination & insurance loss

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Early termination & insurance loss

Hi Everyone,
I've been leasing cars through Mitsubishi for 9 years.  My first car lease was a 4 year lease.  At the 3 1/2 year mark, Mitsubishi contacted me to return that car and re-up for a new one.  I did.  This first car shows negatively on two of my credit reports as early termination.  I contacted Mitsubishi about this a few years ago, by phone, and the woman who I spoke to said it wasn't negative. (It is clearly listed as a negative on my most recent reports from myfico.com)
My second car was also a 4 year lease.  I was in an accident and the car was totaled and Mitsubishi was paid through insurance for the loss.  The accident was not my fault.  I wasn't moving when I was hit.  This car shows negatively on the same two credit reports as an insurance loss.
First, does anybody have any idea if there is anything I can do about how the first car is listed?  I did terminate the lease early but because Mitsubishi asked me to.  Secondly, has anyone even heard of the second situation happening and if there is anyway to fix it?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Early termination & insurance loss

Can you copy and paste the account, exactly how it is displayed, minus personal information?

If you have a report directly from the CRA, that would be good too.

Has FICO flagged the account and stated it was a negative account?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Early termination & insurance loss

I have tried to copy and paste.  I cannot figure out how to format it correctly. 
Fico has the first car flagged as negative through Experian.  It says I was 90 days late (1 time) in Jan. 2003 (Jan. 2003 was when i turned the car in.  I never made a late payment.)  In the recent payment history, there is a collection mark in Feb. 2003 - ok before and after that date.  In worst delinquency, it says charge off, collection, or bankruptcy.
Fico has the second car (accident) flagged as negative through Transunion.  In the detail section, seven year payment history, recent payment history, and worst delinquency have no negatives.  In the description section it says early termination / insurance loss.  That is the only possible negative listed on the page.
I appreciate any help you can give me.

Both accounts were also listed as negative on previous credit reports that I got from annualcreditreport.com

Message Edited by jbeans78 on 08-07-2008 10:21 AM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.