Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ears are Steaming

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ears are Steaming

So i updated the reports with TC today and there is a new Collection from

Security Check LLC for $40 orginally a check to pizza hut.

HAd a few problems with the checking account last year, BUT we paid everything including this. I paid them with a M.O. before the first 30 days was up after they sent the letter in october.

Now they are reporting on EX that we still owe them $40. They weren't reporting before that we ever had a debt I thought this was all cleared up and ancient history.

Any ideas of how I handle this. We've already been approved for a mortgage and this HAS to go away!!

jask
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ears are Steaming

DV them-

and have your documentation and ITS letter ready
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

jask wrote:
So i updated the reports with TC today and there is a new Collection from

Security Check LLC for $40 orginally a check to pizza hut.

HAd a few problems with the checking account last year, BUT we paid everything including this. I paid them with a M.O. before the first 30 days was up after they sent the letter in october.

Now they are reporting on EX that we still owe them $40. They weren't reporting before that we ever had a debt I thought this was all cleared up and ancient history.

Any ideas of how I handle this. We've already been approved for a mortgage and this HAS to go away!!

jask

When you say you paid "them", do you mean the CA or the OC?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid the CA back in November.

I have the white copy of the MO and 2/3's of the CA letter
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

jask wrote:
I paid the CA back in November.

I have the white copy of the MO and 2/3's of the CA letter

Most of the CA's initial letters give you so long to pay before they will report. Does it?

Message Edited by sidewinder on 05-03-2008 07:10 PM
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that I reread it no it doesn't say that it won't report to the CRA BUT it also doesn't say anything about reporting.

So many questions.
How did they get hubby's SS number? - Don't they need that to report?
Why do this now? - Can I threaten to sue? (it is reported as unpaid and I do have proof of payment)

I just want this gone

I'm mad/sick/fustrated/irritated/and ready to cry all at the same time
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ditto what Timothy said above.

They don't need a SS # to report. Name and address are merely enough info to link him.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

I called the bank that I bought the M.O. from and they say that the M.O. has never been cashed but for $25 I can put a stop payment on in it.

Arghh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

jask wrote:
Update:

I called the bank that I bought the M.O. from and they say that the M.O. has never been cashed but for $25 I can put a stop payment on in it.

Arghh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe send the CA a letter explaining the situation and ask them to remove if you cancel this payment and send new payment.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.