Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email addresses

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Email addresses

I have been trying to send a PFD to a CA (Its for my Target card but Target continue to tell me that I must contact the CA).  No response form them.  I would like to either fax them or email someone that may be able to work with me.  One issue is also that they are NOt listed on my credit report, only  the OC is listed.

Do anyone knows how I can locate possible emails for companies?  In particular I am looking for National Asset Recovery Services (NARS).

I tried to PFD to Target via planet feedback but that was a bust even after they responded and told me to call them, only to send me to the CA who will not respond to anything so far.

Please help!!!!! 

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email addresses

If you google the CA's name you can locate a website and gain fax numbers from there.

Also, check the BBB website for fax numbers and email addresses.

Trying googling "@CA's name" and see if you get any hits.

Unsure why you are sending a PFD if they are not reporting. You would want to negotiate a pay for not reporting.

Message 2 of 10
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you google the CA's name you can locate a website and gain fax numbers from there.

Also, check the BBB website for fax numbers and email addresses.

Trying googling "@CA's name" and see if you get any hits.

Unsure why you are sending a PFD if they are not reporting. You would want to negotiate a pay for not reporting.

Thank you for the information.  I stand corrected.  I meant to say payment for not reporting.  Then I would do a blitz on Target with GW letters.  Is it possible to negotiate with the CA to see if they could get the OC to delete the TL?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

aquatic1 wrote: 
Is it possible to negotiate with the CA to see if they could get the OC to delete the TL?

If the OC has sold the debt, chances are pretty much zero of doing this.

Even if they haven't sold the debt, I woudn't expect much luck. CAs are usually more willing to negotiate for payment than the OC is.

Not sure how your AAoA is or how old the original TL is, but it could be helping you more than it is hurting you.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try jigsaw.com they are pretty great for contact info.
Message 5 of 10
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

aquatic1 wrote: 
Is it possible to negotiate with the CA to see if they could get the OC to delete the TL?

If the OC has sold the debt, chances are pretty much zero of doing this.

Even if they haven't sold the debt, I woudn't expect much luck. CAs are usually more willing to negotiate for payment than the OC is.

Not sure how your AAoA is or how old the original TL is, but it could be helping you more than it is hurting you.

The OC has not sold the debt.  According to a letter that the CA sent to me, they were being authorized to offer a settlement which would save me almost $200.  But I have tried to send them three letters and have gotten no response.

As for the AAoA, it is almost 4 years old and not my oldest.  All of my past CC were only a few months of each other. 

Message 6 of 10
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Try jigsaw.com they are pretty great for contact info.

Thanks for th website.  Not really interested in paying for the email address.  But I will never say never.  I thought I would never get into debt again and that is just where I am at this point.

Message 7 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Until the CA that is now acting on behalf of the OC has made an "initial communication" with you, either by way of a formal dunning letter, contacting you, or through posting in your CR, which requries them to then dunn you within 5-days, the CA has no obligation to do anything.

You cannot DV a CA that has not made any intitial communication wth you. 

You need to wait for intitial communcation from them.  You cant do jack until they do that, so I would not waste the time by trying to look them up.

A CA will often find it beneficial not to immediately post to your CR, for once they do so, this begins the dunning/DV process under the FDCPA, and also permits you to them dispute under the FCRA.

Just wait for them to post to your CR, call you, or dunn you. Until then there is little you can do.

And I would never send them a PFD until first obtaining debt validation. Why?  Even if yoou dont dispute the original OC amount of the debt, you have no idea what charges the CA has tacked on.  So you dont really know what the asserted debt is untl you DV them for a total accounting.

You cant do this yet.... they are sitting back.....just do the same....

Message Edited by RobertEG on 12-05-2008 11:39 PM
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CA has sent letters to the OP.

I've seen nothing yet that states you must wait for a letter before being allowed to DV.

Message 9 of 10
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Until the CA that is now acting on behalf of the OC has made an "initial communication" with you, either by way of a formal dunning letter, contacting you, or through posting in your CR, which requries them to then dunn you within 5-days, the CA has no obligation to do anything.

You cannot DV a CA that has not made any intitial communication wth you. 

You need to wait for intitial communcation from them.  You cant do jack until they do that, so I would not waste the time by trying to look them up.

A CA will often find it beneficial not to immediately post to your CR, for once they do so, this begins the dunning/DV process under the FDCPA, and also permits you to them dispute under the FCRA.

Just wait for them to post to your CR, call you, or dunn you. Until then there is little you can do.

And I would never send them a PFD until first obtaining debt validation. Why?  Even if yoou dont dispute the original OC amount of the debt, you have no idea what charges the CA has tacked on.  So you dont really know what the asserted debt is untl you DV them for a total accounting.

You cant do this yet.... they are sitting back.....just do the same....

Message Edited by RobertEG on 12-05-2008 11:39 PM

I have received two letters from the CA once being a settlement offer that was authorized by the OC.  The OC has told me that I need to contact the CA.  Also, the amount they have said that I owe is the same amount that is listed on my CR from the OC.  Why would I wait for CA to put a line on my CR when what I would like is for them to NOT post at all.  That would mean one less CA on my CR.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.