Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email saying dispute has been completed but

tag
S7
Established Contributor

Email saying dispute has been completed but

I got the email saying my dispute had been completed, and to view online to see the results. I tried, and all it gave me were  a list of 2 of the 3, still saying pending but estimated completion date was yesterdays date, but just a dash in the results column..?   

Would this be why the 2 collection accounts are no longer showing on my updated report from yesterday???

Im so confused!

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Email saying dispute has been completed but

When disputing, did you authorize them to give notification via email?  If not, they are required to mail you formal notice within 5 days after conclusion of the dispute.

Either way, just informing you of conclusion of the dispute does not comply with their requirement to inform you of the results of their reinvestigation.

Message 2 of 6
S7
Established Contributor

Yes, I did give authorization to email me, but it seems reallly weird that there was nothing listed other than it saying it had been completed. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 6
Jaguars28fan
Contributor

Did you do online disputes through equifax?  I've done it online before with them and I don't think I ever got an explanation.  Maybe that's why people say don't do it online? 

Message 4 of 6
S7
Established Contributor

Well hmph! Yep it sure was! But i also called and spoke to a rep who added more info in to why i was disputing it. So I guess it could be that though. I did see that 2 of the 3 that i was disputing have been removed from my report though, the day after i spoke with her, and it says completed date as that date but says (estimated) right beside it. These people sure know how to complicte things!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe check your downloads? Any time I've ever disputed with Equifax, its a download with the results, where as Transunion is online results.....

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.