Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailed Kohls CEO with GW letter!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Emailed Kohls CEO with GW letter!

And they responded same day! I have 6  30day lates from 2014 that are supressing my score so I'm hoping they remove them. I received a response from the Executive Office asking for more information so they can look into it. The email had a very friendly tone so it seems that they are considering it. Fingers crossed. 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Re: Emailed Kohls CEO with GW letter!

@Anonymous wrote:

And they responded same day! I have 6  30day lates from 2014 that are supressing my score so I'm hoping they remove them. I received a response from the Executive Office asking for more information so they can look into it. The email had a very friendly tone so it seems that they are considering it. Fingers crossed. 

Good luck, fingers crossed!

Message 2 of 17
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Would love to see what the removal of six 30 days will do for your scores......good luck!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

Would love to see what the removal of six 30 days will do for your scores......good luck!

Me too! 

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

Soooo Kohls has updated my account and Experian rewarded me with a measly 3 points! I'm devastated! is this normal? Do you think once i refresh and get the 3 score Fico update in 30days I'll have more points? 3 points for six 30day lates is nothing. 

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's still very cool that Kohl's did that. They were very generous to do so. I assume that the lack of those lates will help if anyone manually examines your report. It's a very good thing.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's still very cool that Kohl's did that. They were very generous to do so. I assume that the lack of those lates will help if anyone manually examines your report. It's a very good thing.

That's true. And now the report says exceptional payment history and it's my oldest card. Just kind of bummed it was only 3 points. 

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

Soooo Kohls has updated my account and Experian rewarded me with a measly 3 points! I'm devastated! is this normal? Do you think once i refresh and get the 3 score Fico update in 30days I'll have more points? 3 points for six 30day lates is nothing. 

Are there other derogatories on your credit report?

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

Yes. A collection account scheduled to drop off literally 10/2020

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

Yes. A collection account scheduled to drop off literally 10/2020

The impact of removing six 30-day lates will be muted as long as you have the collection on your report.  Think of it this way... for a collection to have occurred the account had to be at least 90 days past due and then charged off.  Both of those events incur greater scoring penalties that a 30-day late so your scores will continue to be depressed until the more serious derogatories are removed.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.