Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailed Kohls CEO with GW letter!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Emailed Kohls CEO with GW letter!

Getting your first derog has the biggest impact on your scores. Subsequent derogs do comparatively small damage, since it’s basically the fact that there IS a derog that kills you.

Conversely, when removing derogs, all removed TLs up to the last one have minor score benefits. When that last one comes off though, that’s when your scores shoot up since now there are no derogs. Keep after that last one with everything you’ve got. When it’s gone you’ll bounce up very nicely.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Getting your first derog has the biggest impact on your scores. Subsequent derogs do comparatively small damage, since it’s basically the fact that there IS a derog that kills you.

Conversely, when removing derogs, all removed TLs up to the last one have minor score benefits. When that last one comes off though, that’s when your scores shoot up since now there are no derogs. Keep after that last one with everything you’ve got. When it’s gone you’ll bounce up very nicely.

Noted! Plan on asking for early exclusion and I've set the dates in my calendar. I also remember you distinctly saying to not even go there with EQ so I will request it from EX and TU only! 

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely right. The risk of catastrophe with EQ is not worth the 30 days early that they say they’ll delete it. Just wait the extra month for it to age away on its own.
Message 13 of 17
martypav7
Contributor

So I emailed them last night as soon i got email info from you! Got call today and she said they wont be able to remove my negative account off report ( charge off) but they will remove last 6 late payments and deduct late fees off actual balane and account will report paid in full. I mean i cant fight that at all. Original balance was 580.81now not even 300 bux.
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@martypav7 wrote:
So I emailed them last night as soon i got email info from you! Got call today and she said they wont be able to remove my negative account off report ( charge off) but they will remove last 6 late payments and deduct late fees off actual balane and account will report paid in full. I mean i cant fight that at all. Original balance was 580.81now not even 300 bux.

Congratulations! Better than nothing and less money out of your pocket! Happy for you fam Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 17
mevita
Established Member

Would you mind sending me the email address?

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I am in a similar situation. I posted on another thread that I spoke with Kohl’s payment associate and CA, both fairly rude, wouldn't budge past almost 60% and absolutely no deletions. A PIF is better than the charge off/collection currently weighing down my CR. Could you share the ceo email and advise if successful verbiage?

thanks!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.