cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailed Kohls CEO with GW letter!

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Emailed Kohls CEO with GW letter!

And they responded same day! I have 6  30day lates from 2014 that are supressing my score so I'm hoping they remove them. I received a response from the Executive Office asking for more information so they can look into it. The email had a very friendly tone so it seems that they are considering it. Fingers crossed. 

Starting Score 14/6/19: EX634 EQ683 TU663
Current Score 1/11/19: EX 649 EQ 702 TU 685
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Regular Contributor

Re: Emailed Kohls CEO with GW letter!

@FrenchFico wrote:

And they responded same day! I have 6  30day lates from 2014 that are supressing my score so I'm hoping they remove them. I received a response from the Executive Office asking for more information so they can look into it. The email had a very friendly tone so it seems that they are considering it. Fingers crossed. 

Good luck, fingers crossed!

Uti: 17.41% and dropping
Total Revolving: $13,450
Message 2 of 15
Valued Contributor

Would love to see what the removal of six 30 days will do for your scores......good luck!

"LEAVE A MESSAGE AT THE BEEP"
Message 3 of 15
Regular Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

Would love to see what the removal of six 30 days will do for your scores......good luck!

Me too! 

Message 4 of 15
Regular Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

Soooo Kohls has updated my account and Experian rewarded me with a measly 3 points! I'm devastated! is this normal? Do you think once i refresh and get the 3 score Fico update in 30days I'll have more points? 3 points for six 30day lates is nothing. 

Message 5 of 15
Frequent Contributor

It's still very cool that Kohl's did that. They were very generous to do so. I assume that the lack of those lates will help if anyone manually examines your report. It's a very good thing.

FICO8: Nov 20, 2018:
FICO8: Nov 4, 2019:
Goal for December 2019: FICO 640-700
Overstock Store Card, $2,250Walmart Store Card, $500 limitDiscover IT Cash Back, $2000Navy Fed cashRewards, $1000Shell Citi store card, $800Navy More Rewards, $17,000RIP Green Dot Platinum
Overstock $2,250, Walmart $500, Discover IT Cash Back $2000, Navy Fed cashRewards $1000, Shell (Citi) Fuel Rewards, $800, Navy More Rewards, $17,000, (Green Dot Platinum Secured, $200, to be cancelled.)

Starting Score: 539
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge   |   My credit recovery journal

Message 6 of 15
Regular Contributor

@tenaya wrote:

It's still very cool that Kohl's did that. They were very generous to do so. I assume that the lack of those lates will help if anyone manually examines your report. It's a very good thing.

That's true. And now the report says exceptional payment history and it's my oldest card. Just kind of bummed it was only 3 points. 

Message 7 of 15
Senior Contributor

@FrenchFico wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

Soooo Kohls has updated my account and Experian rewarded me with a measly 3 points! I'm devastated! is this normal? Do you think once i refresh and get the 3 score Fico update in 30days I'll have more points? 3 points for six 30day lates is nothing. 

Are there other derogatories on your credit report?

Message 8 of 15
Regular Contributor

@MaizeandBlue wrote:

@FrenchFico wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

Yes. A collection account scheduled to drop off literally 10/2020

Message 9 of 15
Senior Contributor

@FrenchFico wrote:

@MaizeandBlue wrote:

@FrenchFico wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

Yes. A collection account scheduled to drop off literally 10/2020

The impact of removing six 30-day lates will be muted as long as you have the collection on your report.  Think of it this way... for a collection to have occurred the account had to be at least 90 days past due and then charged off.  Both of those events incur greater scoring penalties that a 30-day late so your scores will continue to be depressed until the more serious derogatories are removed.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.