Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emotional Rollercoaster Ends with a Warm Hug from NFCU

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Emotional Rollercoaster Ends with a Warm Hug from NFCU!

Oh wow man, thats a great rebuild story. Im so sorry for all what happened, and next time, no matter how hot she is....dont marry her, or live with her for that matter ( and Im a women!!) LOL.. Seriously though, if there is a next time...prenup and separate bank accounts Smiley Happy

Much congrats to you on all your hardworking, efforts and rebuild. Welcome to forums, and definitely ask questions, and do your research before applying to any of the big banks. We'll help you out, and save you from unnecessary HP's and denials.
Message 11 of 23
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the forums and thank you so much for sharing your story with all of us. Wishing you much success on your journey towards a full rebuild!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 12 of 23
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

I read through your post with fascination and anticipation. Your story warmed my heart. I'm so glad your credit rebuild is going so well and I hope the same for your personal life as well!

FICO 8 EQ: 841, TU: 842, EX: 842 Total Rev CL: $547,000 - CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/COMENITY AMEX /BMO/NORDSTROM/MACYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCHRONY/ VENMO VISA Sig/ DILLARDS AMEX/ PENFED PLAT REWARDS/PENFED PLOC/WELLS FARGO. AAoA 13 years
Message 13 of 23
ZenMan
Valued Member

Hi, @pizza1, and thank you for the chuckle!  It's interesting that you mention prenups.  I wanted a prenup and my spouse seemed to be in agreement that we should have one, given the large disparity in assets.  However, when I hired an immigration attorney to guide us through the USCIS naturalization process, he advised us to wait, since to his eye we were clearly in love.  His reasoning made sense to us both at the time:  While prenups are very common and generally don't cause anyone to arch an eyebrow, the USCIS agent who would be conducting our upcoming interview could interpret the mere existence of a prenup as evidence of both of us planning for the dissolution of the marriage.  My attorney's recommendation was to get through the USCIS interivew and then file a post-nup, if I still felt that I needed it.  However, my spouse was packed and gone two weeks after the Green Card arrived, and I hadn't even drafted a post-nup yet! 

Live and learn.

Message 14 of 23
ZenMan
Valued Member

Thank you, @Dave4fun, for your warm wishes.  This forum and its members are truly amazing . . . and inspiring.

Message 15 of 23

Congratulations on all your recent rebuild success. I know firsthand how stressful this process can be but you seem to be on the right track. I love the positivity you exude despite the hardships you faced. I'm certainly rooting for you!

Scores:
02/2018 - EX 580 EQ 596 TU 596
06/2018 - EX 646 EQ 673 TU 663
Goal: 700 across the board

First Progress MC (secured) $200 || First Progress MC (secured) $200 || Discover It $800 || NFCU GoRewards $500 || NFCU CLOC $4,000 || US Bank 365 Cash Rewards $1,000 || PenFed Power Cash Rewards $10,000 || Williams Sonoma Visa $1,000

Gardening until December 2018
Message 16 of 23
ZenMan
Valued Member

Thank you, @CreditNewbie84.  I appreciate the kind words.  And by the way, judging from your signature, you've made some impressive strides yourself.  Keep up the good work!

Just don't ask me to be a cosigner . . . at least not yet.  Smiley Tongue

Message 17 of 23
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

Quite an amazing story, I admire your strength. Congrats on the rebuild, you are on the right path.

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 18 of 23
ZenMan
Valued Member

Thank you, @Time2letgo.  I really appreciate it.  Funny, but I didn't feel especially strong for quite a while.  I think for the first year or so, I just sort of walked around as if I was in a state of abject shock.  There were days I literally could not move.  It was the most crippling, debilitating form of depression I'd ever experienced.  But slowly but surely -- and with the support of my friends -- my strength came back.  I'll have a bad day here or there, to be sure -- but on balance, I finally feel as if I've got a plan and I'm on the right track.  And I have the members of this forum to thank for that in some measure.  Truly.

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Emotional Rollercoaster Ends with a Warm Hug from NFCU

@ZenMan wrote:

Spouse abandons the marriage at Month Four, two weeks after our USCIS interview and subsequent Green Card approval.

I have not seen a longer post in my life....so i have to addmit i did not read it all.....

one thing I would like to say is that..... your wife will have a problem with her green card.

After 1st interview and aproval she got "conditional" green card. She has to apply to remove those "conditions" 2 years after getting the green card. You have to be included in that 2nd application. She can not apply without you

She basically has to stay married to you for those 2 years. There are a few exceptions.....like if she was abused or something.

Did you guys get a divorce or she just disappeared and you are still married?

If divorced after 4 months she will have a major problem getting the "condition" removed.

If not divorced she will have to get you to agree to apply with her together and pretend like you are married and live together.

I am sure your lawyer had to tell you guys about 2 year conditional period?

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.