Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employment Question No Answer in Search

tag
xecutech
Contributor

Employment Question No Answer in Search

Can you have the 3 credt reporting agencies update your employment history?

I am assuming they list the last jobs from credit applications, but I haven't filled them out in years. I used to work for some companies that I do not wish to be shown on my reports.

Also, the addresses would be nice to have refreshed.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
xecutech
Contributor

Re: Employment Question No Answer in Search

I think I waited long enough to bump this question. I just have a job listed that I don't want to show up on my credit report in the future.

Thanks

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes, send them a request to update your personal information.

They are most often receptive to such requests if you provide proof of your identity, as they use personal identifier info as part of their matching criteria to ensure credit reporting is posted to the correct file, so they have real incentive to maintain the currency of that info.

Message 3 of 5
xecutech
Contributor

Thank you. I will work on this next. Not important for credit repair, but I do have past jobs I don't want to show up. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

You should dispute any addresses besides your current one. You can dispute your old employment info if you wish. This sort of info is not crucial to your report and is not relevant in your score so it is easier to get them to change it than information on payments or credit accounts. Go online to file a dispute. Each CRA has a different setup. TU however will allow you to edit that info very easily and remove any old addresses yourself. It is very easy to do.  I would recommend limiting the information on your credit reports as much as possible. If you get old info deleted, there is no reason to provide them with a bunch of new additional information. I generally operate on the premise that the less info have about me the better. The CRAs are private companies and you are under no obligation to disclose all kinds of private information to them. The less they know the better. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.