Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Rebuild & Final Steps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

End of Rebuild & Final Steps

I have been rebuilding and acquiring new credit to replace my sub-prime credit cards. As of yesterday I have zero sub-prime credit cards and have limits that are not too shabby. I have a couple questions about final steps.

1. I settled an account with First Premier because I could not get them to remove it. I have tried everything I know to get this removed, no luck. Should I send GW letters to get this removed? If so, where might I find a decent GW letter?

2. I have several settled/paid Capital One COs. Should I send GW for these accounts? (I have two cards now in perfect standing)

3. I have 5 or so 1 month term Note loans on my EQ report. They show opening dates consecutively from around 6/2015. All the accounts are reporting as paid. Are having these five accounts hurting my FICO score?

I would like to get the First Premier and Capital One COs that are paid off my reports. If I did this I believe I would see a decent score increase. However I am unsure how to go about doing that. I have heard Cap1 and First Premier are the hardest to deal with in this regard.

Xace

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: End of Rebuild & Final Steps

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been rebuilding and acquiring new credit to replace my sub-prime credit cards. As of yesterday I have zero sub-prime credit cards and have limits that are not too shabby. I have a couple questions about final steps.

1. I settled an account with First Premier because I could not get them to remove it. I have tried everything I know to get this removed, no luck. Should I send GW letters to get this removed? If so, where might I find a decent GW letter? You can search for examples through the search bar on the forum near the top of the screen or just do a google search for GW letter and you'll find something that fits your situation.

2. I have several settled/paid Capital One COs. Should I send GW for these accounts? (I have two cards now in perfect standing) It's worth a shot. One thing about GW letters is the small chance that they update something they weren't reporting in the first place but I personally have not had this happen. Just read about it from others.

3. I have 5 or so 1 month term Note loans on my EQ report. They show opening dates consecutively from around 6/2015. All the accounts are reporting as paid. Are having these five accounts hurting my FICO score? Not sure what Note loans are

I would like to get the First Premier and Capital One COs that are paid off my reports. If I did this I believe I would see a decent score increase. However I am unsure how to go about doing that. I have heard Cap1 and First Premier are the hardest to deal with in this regard.

Xace

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.