Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Energy Sucess!!!

tag
Jdear148
Valued Member

Energy Sucess!!!

I'm sorry for such a long post, but I've been trying to remove this baddies for 14 months. Without further adieu, here goes!

So my final baddie was a charge off from 2011 that entergy wrote off after non payment. I had moved to overseas two days after my last college final and  was there before my commencement took place. In a nutshell I did not forward entergy to my relatives house like the rest of my bills before moving... Typical college kid mistake.  I didn't have any contacts yet overseas and no stable address for the first couple months. 

After moving back to Louisiana, I was told to pay the charge off before they re setup my electricity. I gladly did in June of 2013, and expected all my problems to be gone. 

Last november I decided to start being a grown up and managing my credit. When pulling my CRs  I noticed entergy still had the derog for 182 still marked as unpaid, so I called a CSR from entergy who literally told me  she would not send receipt of payment, much less mark the derog as paid, because it "wasn't her problem." I asked for her credentials and she promptly slammed the phone down. I then realized this would be an uphill battle. 

Over the next number of months I called entergy customer service  hoping to get a supervisor, a receipt, anything to possibly help improve this baddie. Each time they said a supervisor was busy but would call me back. Never got that call or a receipt.  I was told it will be handled by someone in their consumer credit dept, when asking to be transferred there the CSRs told me they don't have phones on the normal network and no one speaks to anyone from that dept. 

Fast forward to last week. I took a day off work to call entergy's corporate hq and give one final stab at it. The phone was answered promptly by an operator, and after I explained the way I was given the runaround she told me she knew who could help me. She then transferred me STRAIGHT to the head of consumer credit.  She was appalled at the conversations that I has documented with the CSRs and told me she wanted someone else to hear what I have to say. She told me  Mr (insert one of their execs here) would call me back in an hour and a half. 

Sure enough he did  call and after hearing my story he said he wanted to launch an investigation personally. Today he called me again and told me he appropriately handled the situation as well as marked the baddies for deletion and sent me a confirmation letter. I was ecstatic!!! He said it will be updated by the first week of next month on all three CRs. 

This is means I finally have a clean credit report thanks to everyone at my fico and all the knowledge found in these forums!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Energy Sucess!!!

@Jdear148 wrote:

I'm sorry for such a long post, but I've been trying to remove this baddies for 14 months. Without further adieu, here goes!

So my final baddie was a charge off from 2011 that entergy wrote off after non payment. I had moved to overseas two days after my last college final and  was there before my commencement took place. In a nutshell I did not forward entergy to my relatives house like the rest of my bills before moving... Typical college kid mistake.  I didn't have any contacts yet overseas and no stable address for the first couple months. 

After moving back to Louisiana, I was told to pay the charge off before they re setup my electricity. I gladly did in June of 2013, and expected all my problems to be gone. 

Last november I decided to start being a grown up and managing my credit. When pulling my CRs  I noticed entergy still had the derog for 182 still marked as unpaid, so I called a CSR from entergy who literally told me  she would not send receipt of payment, much less mark the derog as paid, because it "wasn't her problem." I asked for her credentials and she promptly slammed the phone down. I then realized this would be an uphill battle.  With comments like this I would have either filed a CFPB complaint for false credit reporting or just outright sued them for it.

Over the next number of months I called entergy customer service  hoping to get a supervisor, a receipt, anything to possibly help improve this baddie. Each time they said a supervisor was busy but would call me back. Never got that call or a receipt.  I was told it will be handled by someone in their consumer credit dept, when asking to be transferred there the CSRs told me they don't have phones on the normal network and no one speaks to anyone from that dept. 

Fast forward to last week. I took a day off work to call entergy's corporate hq and give one final stab at it. The phone was answered promptly by an operator, and after I explained the way I was given the runaround she told me she knew who could help me. She then transferred me STRAIGHT to the head of consumer credit.  She was appalled at the conversations that I has documented with the CSRs and told me she wanted someone else to hear what I have to say. She told me  Mr (insert one of their execs here) would call me back in an hour and a half. 

Sure enough he did  call and after hearing my story he said he wanted to launch an investigation personally. Today he called me again and told me he appropriately handled the situation as well as marked the baddies for deletion and sent me a confirmation letter. I was ecstatic!!! He said it will be updated by the first week of next month on all three CRs. 

This is means I finally have a clean credit report thanks to everyone at my fico and all the knowledge found in these forums!!!

Grats to getting the deletion Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Jdear148
Valued Member

I definitely thought about it, but I didn't know where to begin! Either way I am happy with the end result!

Message 3 of 6
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

That is awesome!!!! I spoke with a rep a month ago who promised they would remove a chargoff, waiting for it to happen still!?!?
Message 4 of 6
Jdear148
Valued Member

At least this guy was upfront and told me not to expect to see the change reflected till early September! Best of luck with yours warrior! Mine is literally the only reason I am waiting till September to buy my wife her first new car! 

Message 5 of 6
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.