Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Recovery (AT&T)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enhanced Recovery (AT&T)

I took the advice of everyone on this board and sent Enhanced Recovery a debt validation letter for a $64 collection from AT&T. There seems to be a lot of evidence they fold more often than not when it comes to DVs, so I was confident. They received it July 2 and sent me a generic e-mail saying the status of the account had been updated and all collection processes were put on hold while the account was in an investigatory status. I figured, yay, it's on its way to being removed. Then I checked my reports in a couple places. 

My MyFICO from July 9 shows, "Consumer disputes this account information" for Equifax. The other two show no change. However, my TransUnion report on Credit Karma shows, "Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements." Thing is, it shows the account was updated July 5. So I'm curious why the MyFICO TransUnion report wouldn't show anything different, despite being pulled four days after the supposed update.

I haven't heard anything from ERC since the initial e-mail about the account being placed in an investigatory status. Where should I go now? Aside from a medical collection, this is the last collection I have on my credit and I'm really trying to get it as clear as possible -- student loan late payments aside -- for an auto loan in October. 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Enhanced Recovery (AT&T)

@Anonymous wrote:

I took the advice of everyone on this board and sent Enhanced Recovery a debt validation letter for a $64 collection from AT&T. There seems to be a lot of evidence they fold more often than not when it comes to DVs, so I was confident. They received it July 2 and sent me a generic e-mail saying the status of the account had been updated and all collection processes were put on hold while the account was in an investigatory status. I figured, yay, it's on its way to being removed. Then I checked my reports in a couple places. 

My MyFICO from July 9 shows, "Consumer disputes this account information" for Equifax. The other two show no change. However, my TransUnion report on Credit Karma shows, "Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements." Thing is, it shows the account was updated July 5. So I'm curious why the MyFICO TransUnion report wouldn't show anything different, despite being pulled four days after the supposed update.

I haven't heard anything from ERC since the initial e-mail about the account being placed in an investigatory status. Where should I go now? Aside from a medical collection, this is the last collection I have on my credit and I'm really trying to get it as clear as possible -- student loan late payments aside -- for an auto loan in October. 

JdFox,

I'm in a similar position with ERC reporting n AT&T collection from 2009... $72. The last collection on my account. ERC is a real BULL. They will no PFD. They've been difficult with GW as well. My last resort is to pay the OC directly with hopes of the debt being pulled back from ERC. So, I called AT&T directly and reached out to the AR Department who put me in touch with Special Collections. Tomorrow, I have to contact AT&T to ensure the debt was retracted from ERC and then they will be paid. My recommendation: Contact the OC directly and ask that they retract the debt in exchange for direct payment of the $64. Best of luck!!! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Do you have a phone number for that department? Also, let me know if it works.
Message 3 of 24
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If what you sent was a request for debt validation under the FDCPA, then they should not have noticed the CRA of a pending dispute.

The CRAs are not party to the debt validation process, and do not record DV requests as disputes.

The debt collector apparently treated your DV as a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8).

Did you contest the accuracy of their credit reporting in your DV letter, or simply request debt validation?

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I simply requested a debt validation. Do I need to contact them again?
Message 5 of 24
YoungJustice
Regular Contributor

I actually had my collection deleted! I decided to pay OC directly and sent an email to EO of ATT. A couple of weeks later, I received a called from a nice lady from the eo; she asked me a few questions and then told me that she was going to send a deletion request to ER. Two weeks later, the account was gone from my report.    

Barclays Rewards $10,000 | Chase Freedom $17,000 | Citi Double Cash $13,600 | BOA Cash Rewards $10,000
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

EO? Have an email I can send that to? PM me if needed. It'd be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 24
YoungJustice
Regular Contributor

PM sent

Barclays Rewards $10,000 | Chase Freedom $17,000 | Citi Double Cash $13,600 | BOA Cash Rewards $10,000
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an account I settled with ERC on Wednesday original amount $89 payment paid $60.31. They told me they wouldn't delete it. On my CR it will update as settle or paid in full! I don't want to see the account on my report anymore! What can I do?
Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Easiest way to get ERC deleted is to pay OC in full and ask them to recall collection...if they accept your payment then ERC will delete collection off your reports. Do not negotiate with ERC, just pay OC in full. 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.