Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Recovery Services

tag
chatty383
Established Member

Enhanced Recovery Services

Hi you all and thank you in advance for your assistance!!!

Enhanced Recovery Services is reporting on Experian and Transunion an old Sprint account that went delinquent in 2009, collection placed in May 2016. Now I found out about the delinquency due to ERC sending me debt validation.I disputed online with Experian days before the debt validation letter was received. Experian updated the collection with a 2020 fall off date. So ERC has a collection on my credit reports for a nine year old debt from Sprint. The account is mine and I thought about a pdf. I'm in New York. How should I handle this collection?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Enhanced Recovery Services

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.. but be very careful about validating a debt from 2009... I think... if you validate it, it can restart the clock...
Message 2 of 11
chatty383
Established Member

Wow. I filed a complaint with BBB against ERC and that is when they mailed out debt validation. Debt first deliquent early 2009 original creditor no longer on my credit report. Doesn't make sense for ERC to be there is this legal?

Message 3 of 11
topgunvf
Regular Contributor

@chatty383 wrote:
Wow. I filed a complaint with BBB against ERC and that is when they mailed out debt validation. Debt first deliquent early 2009 original creditor no longer on my credit report. Doesn't make sense for ERC to be there is this legal?

Debt validation does not "reset the clock". However please clarify from your initial post OP you did DV ERC or they sent you their initial dunning notice. If in fact you debt validated and came back validated I wouldn't dispute with CRA. Instead I would try to PFD. If debt is truly yours PFD is your best option. Search here on the forums for ERC PFD as I just did and came up with several success stories and their backdoor # to call see link below: 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Enhanced-Recovery-Company-LLC-Collection-Age...

Hope this helps and best of luck. Let us know the outcome and  keep us posted!

-B

Message 4 of 11
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

@OP

It sounds like you out of CRTP. That is 7-7.5 yrs from the DoFD. If in fact, the debt first went delinquent in 2009 and you’ve never made another payment ANYTIME after then this account should have been removed, the latest, middle year of 2016.
IMHO, I would call the CRA’s that are reporting and ask for removal.

Hope that helps.

Good Luck!!👍

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 5 of 11
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

@OP

Do you have old copies of credit reports with the OC and the DoFD listed? If so, I would send in copy of that credit report as proof of the insertion from the OC back in 2009 to the CRA’s reporting. It sounds like reaging. The DoFD cannot be changed once the OC has set DoFD, even it has been sold or transferred. The new owner of the account must follow the OC DoFD.

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 6 of 11
Medic981
Valued Contributor

2009 debt? Sounds like zombie debt to me? How did they validate the debt if the DoFD was 2009?

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 7 of 11
chatty383
Established Member

I got the sprint bill in mail from them. I want this collection off of my report oh gosh

Message 8 of 11
chatty383
Established Member

I never dv'd ERC, this was sent after I filed a complaint with the BBB. Yes I believe they are reaging this account.

I will give a call to the CRAs and keep everyone updated.

Message 9 of 11
vntrsc
Frequent Contributor

If they have re-aged the account, they've already violated the FDCPA.   You might want to consult with a consumer attorney.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.