cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Recovery (Sprint) paid to OC & removed from one bureau!

tag
tinabohio
Valued Member

Enhanced Recovery (Sprint) paid to OC & removed from one bureau!

So I did a web chat with Sprint and paid them directly November 24th. It came off of my TransUnion Dec 4th. Still not off or updated or anything on Experian. Any ideas as to when maybe it would come off there? Or should I dispute it? I was just pumped to see my TU score jump 19 points, getting impatient to see my Exp do the same! TIA!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Enhanced Recovery (Sprint) paid to OC & removed from one bureau!

CRA policy instructs furnishers (creditors and debt collectors) not to delete their reporting based on payment of the debt, regardless of whether you pay via the creditor or the debt collector.  

Neither the FCRA nor any federal regs require deletion based on payment of the delinquent debt.

Thus, there is no basis for a dispute of accuracy of the continued reporting.

The debt collector is required only to update the status to paid, and the balance to $0.

You can request that they voluntarily report deletion to the CRAs, but that is purused via good-will requests, not disputes.

Message 2 of 3
tinabohio
Valued Member

Re: Enhanced Recovery (Sprint) paid to OC & removed from one bureau!

I just checked my actual Experian report on their website, and it shows the ER off of it. Next up is taking care of Jefferson Capital (Verizon), that the ex-husband had pretended he took care of...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.