Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Recovery will not do a Full Pay for Delete

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enhanced Recovery will not do a Full Pay for Delete

Enhanced Recovery "crammed" this collection account on my credit reports earlier this year when i started the process of buying my house.

I called them a few times and they of course offered to settle the debt for much less than original amount ($1007)...from a TMolbile account that I discontinued back in 2010.

As I proceeded through escrow ER stayed on my credit despite trying to dispute etc.

They offered to settle the debt for $400 in July and now I am willing to full pay but ONLY if they will delete.

When my escrow closed ER (per the underwriter) was to be paid through escrow (along with a AAA colleciton account for $300 that was held by AWA Collections). 

I contacted AWA and sent in the full payment and they agreed to delete account from credit reports.

Enhanced Recovery on the other hand continues to say they will only do a full paid/release but will NOT delete from credit reports.

I have the check for $1007 for them and just told them i will not send the payment then.

My question is.....can i contact TMobile and full pay them as the original creditor which would negate ER account?

I will write in TMobile as the "payee" over enhanced recovery......

OR any other suggestions in getting ER to do a full pay deletion?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Enhanced Recovery will not do a Full Pay for Delete

@Anonymous wrote:

Enhanced Recovery "crammed" this collection account on my credit reports earlier this year when i started the process of buying my house.

I called them a few times and they of course offered to settle the debt for much less than original amount ($1007)...from a TMolbile account that I discontinued back in 2010.

As I proceeded through escrow ER stayed on my credit despite trying to dispute etc.

They offered to settle the debt for $400 in July and now I am willing to full pay but ONLY if they will delete.

When my escrow closed ER (per the underwriter) was to be paid through escrow (along with a AAA colleciton account for $300 that was held by AWA Collections). 

I contacted AWA and sent in the full payment and they agreed to delete account from credit reports.

Enhanced Recovery on the other hand continues to say they will only do a full paid/release but will NOT delete from credit reports.

I have the check for $1007 for them and just told them i will not send the payment then.

My question is.....can i contact TMobile and full pay them as the original creditor which would negate ER account?

I will write in TMobile as the "payee" over enhanced recovery......

OR any other suggestions in getting ER to do a full pay deletion?

Only if Tmobile still owns the account cn they be paid directly. But that will not force a deletion by ERC. If Tmobile will recall it from collection BEFORE you pay it, then it will be deleted. Find out if they still own it first, and if they do, contact the EO for positive resolution.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Norman....

what is EO?

If TMobile will not recall it....what can i do to get ER to delete this?

The check is made out to them (via my escrow company).....should i just continue to pound on them?  I was thinking of faxing them a letter requesting the deletion with a copy of the check.......dangling the carrot so to speak.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Norman....

what is EO?

If TMobile will not recall it....what can i do to get ER to delete this?

The check is made out to them (via my escrow company).....should i just continue to pound on them?  I was thinking of faxing them a letter requesting the deletion with a copy of the check.......dangling the carrot so to speak.

EO=Executive Office, basically the office of the CEO. Tmobile seems to be interested in rehabilitating its image lately and quite a few people here have successfully gotten positve outcomes through contacting the EO for this kind of stuff.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mailed them a PFD letter and they complied. Even though they declined over phone.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

good to know Cam.....and Norman.

I will fax ER a PFD letter first to see if i get any response from them. 

If not i may try a second time and then contact TMobile directly.

The check is good for 6 months (issued 7/22) so i still have time.

ER is so stupid......here they can be paid in full for a debt that is totally out of line, that they "crammed" on my reports knowing i was buying a house.....and they would get paid.  So slimy yet they want to play hardball.....what skin is it off their nose to delete it?  they get money they don't deserve.....way more than they were offering to settle for and just are so stupid.....UGH

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having a similar problem. But with another shady debt collection agency called, National Credit Systems Inc. I was not initially informed prior to this settlement offer that they would only remove the collection if it was paid in full. Unkowingly, I decided to pay the debt settlement offer thinking this would be removing it completely. I was told it would take 30-45 days. I check my report after a month and some only to find that it states consumer satisfied debt but only paid partially by settlement.They kept the collection on my report. It was not at all removed. I than called the co back. And the same rude woman told me "oh" it's because you paid it as a settlement offer and not in full, if you had paid it in full we would have removed it. I told her I was not told this. And if I was informed of this I would not have settled at all, and saved up the full balance and paid it off. She than tells me I did inform you. I don't know what to tell you, and we don't remove it with settlement offers you need to call the credit bureaus and take it up with them to have it removed!! Seriously! I call her supervisor up got a voice mail left a message to respond back, he never does. I finally get In touch with this rude **bleep**, and he tells me unless you paid the collection in full we don't remove, next question? I told him I have paid with a settlement offer before with other collection agencies and they had arranged to remove it and did. He says, not all debt agencies are alike. Next question? If you don't have any other questions have a good day goodbye! I was so pissed off! Is there anything I could possibly do about this? I have already disputed this company on all 3 bureaus, and put a complaint with the FTC. Can someone give me anymore advice on what I could do to get this removed?

Message 7 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

noted, Re: Enhanced Recovery will not do a Full Pay for Delete

As noted in the original post, debt collectors use the reporting of their collections to CRAs as a debt collection tool.

Their credit reporting agreements with the CRAs include the express credit reporting provision that they are not to delete their reporing based on payment of the debt.

Thus, their non-GW and non-PFD policy is based on preservation of that credit reporting ability, and is not simply subjective stupidity.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: noted, Re: Enhanced Recovery will not do a Full Pay for Delete

really it is how the CRAs and the Collection agencies work in collusion.......and it really is criminal....but this is how things work until WE as consumers stand up to change it.

ON a  seperate note i just faxed ER a PFD letter with a copy of the check....and a line letting them know if no resolution i will contact TMobile directly and ask that they recall the debt and i will pay them in full directly...making the ER collection account null and void.

will see what happens.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.