Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced recovery

tag
Maxsun11

Enhanced recovery

Hi
I had an ACC w Att few years ago tht I asked my ex gf to cancel. She did but wat I didn't knew had a balance. Eventually I found abt it an year after when I called att for new svc. I paid the total amt over the phone. Wat I didn't knew which att didn't tell me either that it was with enhanced recovery. I saw last year erc on my cr -only on exp n I disputed but it came back verified. Now I just saw erc is closing from next week. Is there a way I can get this off my cr? This is causing me getting new job . Pls advise

Thnx
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Enhanced recovery

Welcome.  Did AT&T take your payment when you got service again? If they took the payment. They should have recalled the ERC collection. I dont think they took payment and sent it to their CA.

Message 2 of 6
Maxsun11

Yes got my svc back when att took payment and cr got updated as charged off under erc. I called att once but they said they don't have access to that file etc. Is there any way to get erc gone off the report?
Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Weird. Does the ERC account on your reeports show a balance? It better not. If it does. Then dispute that they dont own the debt and it was paid to AT&T.

Message 4 of 6
Maxsun11

No it's showed balance paid off. But the presence of it on cr has score down. So I read erc is closing it's office in FL. Does this mean any good news?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t think it’ll matter. All it takes to legally report is if they at one time in the last 7 years had owned or had rights to collect on a debt from you.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.