cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enough is enough. Time to change my credit!

tag
Bleety17
Regular Contributor

Enough is enough. Time to change my credit!

After years of bad credit, I am finally going to fight it! I havent really had the chance to pay any old debt back because of lack of funds with a low paying job. I have finally got a good paying job and as soon as I get my tax return I am going to pay ALLLLLLL of my debt off!

-Verizon Wireless $305 PFD letter sent today

-Kay Jewelers $900 Already paid half. Once this is paid in full should i sent GW letter? I made payment arrangements before i heard of the PFD letter

-Nationwide Insurance- $75 PFD sent today

-Receivables Performance Management(t-mobile) $571 PFD letter sent today

-Bellco Credit Union $467 Will be writting a PFD

-Chase-$873 Made payment arrangements to clear my debt. They never removed the rest of the debt.

Has anyone had any luck with GW letters and PFD with any one of these?

Capital OneWikipedia: Capital One F

USAA Mastercard-$2000 USAA Visa-$2000 USAA SC-$600 NFCU-$12500 Walmart-$3500 BestBuy $1000 Navcheck 3000

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

Re: Enough is enough. Time to change my credit!

I have never sent GW to any of those. But i also said enough is enough and I have 3 left and my tax refund will cover all 3 so then debt free. Only place Im having a hardtime with is capital one. They wont remove anything grrr. its all paid off they just like to sit on my report for some reason. Congrats!! Keep it up Smiley Happy

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 2 of 12
electra
Established Contributor

Haven't had experience with any of those but just wanted to wish you good luck!  Feels good to stare the problem in the face and confront it head on, right?!

Message 3 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Bleety17 wrote:

After years of bad credit, I am finally going to fight it! I havent really had the chance to pay any old debt back because of lack of funds with a low paying job. I have finally got a good paying job and as soon as I get my tax return I am going to pay ALLLLLLL of my debt off!

-Verizon Wireless $305 PFD letter sent today

-Kay Jewelers $900 Already paid half. Once this is paid in full should i sent GW letter? I made payment arrangements before i heard of the PFD letter

-Nationwide Insurance- $75 PFD sent today

-Receivables Performance Management(t-mobile) $571 PFD letter sent today

-Bellco Credit Union $467 Will be writting a PFD

-Chase-$873 Made payment arrangements to clear my debt. They never removed the rest of the debt.

Has anyone had any luck with GW letters and PFD with any one of these?

Capital OneWikipedia: Capital One F

I haven't had experience with any of them.

With the exception of T-mobile, they all appear to be OCs.  How old are they?  Will it affect your AAoA if you get them removed?

Paying off the OC debt should drop your overall utilization.

Message 4 of 12
changeisvital
Valued Member

I am also in the letter/paying process. It is a daunting task but the best advice is to TRY!!! and keep  TRYING!!!! Dont quit!

Starting Score: 495 (12/2012)
Current Score: 520 (01-06-2013)
Goal Score: 680

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 12
Bleety17
Regular Contributor

Correct. All are OC except for T-Mobile. Yes i think it will affect my AAOA.. I guess i never thought of that.

Verizon is from 2011

Kay is from 2008

Nationwide 2012

Tmobile 2008

Bellco 2009

Chanse 2009

So would it be bad if the old ones are removed?

USAA Mastercard-$2000 USAA Visa-$2000 USAA SC-$600 NFCU-$12500 Walmart-$3500 BestBuy $1000 Navcheck 3000

Message 6 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

What do you have on your report in good standing?  What is the oldest account you have?

Now that I look again, I believe Chase and maybe Kay, may be the only one that reports other than when an account goes south.

If the others are only reported due to being negative, getting them removed would be best.

I would start with Nationwide as it is the newest one.

Message 7 of 12
Bleety17
Regular Contributor

I have 2 auto loans. 1 was paid in full, The other i have had for a year and i have never missed a payment

Care Credit card from 08 that was never late but was closed in 2010 ( It was a joint)

The Kay card is actually from 2007 and that it my oldest.

Only active account is my auto loan . Ive been screwed since 08.

I plan on getting a Secured CC soon.

Ever heard of Nationwide accepting a PFD?

Message 8 of 12
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

Awesome! I'm doing the same thing. No matter what happens with my credit, it will feel good to know that everything is paid.

Message 9 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Bleety17 wrote:

I have 2 auto loans. 1 was paid in full, The other i have had for a year and i have never missed a payment

Care Credit card from 08 that was never late but was closed in 2010 ( It was a joint)

The Kay card is actually from 2007 and that it my oldest.

Only active account is my auto loan . Ive been screwed since 08.

I plan on getting a Secured CC soon.

Ever heard of Nationwide accepting a PFD?

I haven't heard one way or the other but it never hurts to ask.

If Kays is your oldest it will mess up your AAoA to have it removed.  Is it CO'd or just lates?

You could use one or two CC. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.