cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equfiax nightmare-reaged a 10 year collection?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equfiax nightmare-reaged a 10 year collection?

From my personal experiences only, EQ is far and away the worst to deal with and are vengeful to anyone who gets them scolded.

In 2008 I relocated and closed out an account with Centerpoint Energy in great standing with a $34 reimbursement check coming (deposit vs last statement). I totally forgot to call and give new addy and the check was never forwarded. Fast forward to July 2016, I move back to area, call to get services and was informed that not only was no deposit needed due to stellar history, I could use the $34 on a future payment. All was good until an employee somehow reported a $66 paid charge off to all three CRA's. I contacted CE and they immediately contacted the CRA's to get it removed and apologized profusely.

TU and Exp immediately took it off, EQ ignored the request. I went through all of the steps through EQ to get it removed and they were completely non compliant. Contacted Centerpoint again asking for help and they complied. They once again requested for EQ to remove it. Success! Came off in Nov 2016... only to reappear, newly aged to Dec 2016!!

Went through all the steps again through EQ to no avail. Once again called Centerpoint and this time a supervisor of some level took my call and strongly assured me that EQ would remove the baddie. Fast forward to June. Still there and Centerpoint notifies me that they had infact "reported" EQ.

It's now August, baddie not only still there, it's now showing a refreshed date of July 2017!

Good luck with these vengeful imbeciles!
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.