Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Beacon Score?

tag
HopeThruFaith
New Contributor

Equifax Beacon Score?

I just met with a loan officer with my credit union to discuss my progress so far. She advised me that things looked a lot better than they did in May when I first applied for a mortgage. At that point my score was 601 (lender pull) and that included a dismissed BK-13, one CC charge off, 3- 30 day lates on my car payment due to a hospitialization and 13 collections. Since then the BK as fallen off, I have paid all the collections except for two small medical bills, one CC charge off, have paid all my bills on time, and have reduced my utilization down to 5%. My Fico Equifax score is now 604. I am waiting for my last collection from Verizon that was being factored into my utilzation on TU and EX to report paid in full and hoping like mad that I see the bump in score that the simulator said I would see. It was still in dispute with Equifax so it wasn't factored in at all. Nevertheless I am still hoping on some kind of score increase when it shows no longer disputed and paid in full. Is Equifax's Beacon Score similar to My Fico Equifax? My loan officer also suggested that I get my car loan refinanced through them, would that hurt me? I thought it would affect my AAOA and drive my score down.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax Beacon Score?

I believe the Beacon score is on a different scale, 1-5, with 5.0 being the best.

As for the refinance. I doubt it will hurt much, if any.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 3 of 4
HopeThruFaith
New Contributor

Great, thanks
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.