Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Disputes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Disputes

Confirmation #                  Status                   Dispute Date                      Completion Date                              Results

1182023498                      PENDING            06/29/2011                          08/09/2011(Estimated)                  Mailed

I looked up current disputing on Equifax.  Is the completion date the date in which I should see results on my credit report or will the results take effect immediately?  My reports through here and USAA haven't reflected much of anything yet.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Equifax Disputes

I'm not 100% sure, but when I did disputes I was mailed new copies of the reports w/ the changes.  Does that help?  (And it didn't take even close to 30-45 days.  Maybe a week.)

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh boy...that probably isn't what I want to hear then lol.  During the dispute process did you monitor your report and were there any changes you noticed before you got the hard copy changes?

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRA must, under FCRA 611(a), complete its investigation within 30-days of the date of your dispute (unless you submitted additional information during the investigation period, which would extend that period to 45 days).

The CRA is then required, under FCRA 611(a)(6)(A), to send you written notice of the results of the investigation within 5 days after its date of completion.  So they must, at the latest, send a notice of their results to you within 35 days of date of dispute.

They are required to delete any disputed information that was not verified as accurate, or found to be inaccurate and the furnisher of the information did not provide them a correction of its accuracy during the investigation period.  If they updated the disputed information to now overcome the inaccuracy, they have complied with this requirement. So if the inaccuracy no longer exists, then neither does the issue of deletion of anything.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting to say the least.  The estimated completion date is well outside of 30 days.  I'm going to keep an eye on this.  Thanks again for the information.

Message 5 of 7
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh boy...that probably isn't what I want to hear then lol.  During the dispute process did you monitor your report and were there any changes you noticed before you got the hard copy changes?

Yes I did here at SW.  And I got an alert that my score dropped 1 point.  Monday I posted the exact results somewhere around here.  The "before" and "After" shot.  As the moderator said they were looking for examples of how paying off a collection should not affect your score.  But it did.  Good Luck to you!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 6 of 7
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

It could happen before that date.. once it does, the change goes immediately effective.. I wouldn't hold my breath.. Equifax seems to be right on the money with their 'esitmates' in my experience..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.