cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Early Exclusion - I think ( I hope)

tag
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Equifax Early Exclusion - I think ( I hope)

After MANY failed call attempts to get one CO removed I think I finally got someone to take a CO account that has already fallen off of TU by itself  that I have been going around in circles with EQ and EX as to why they have the DOFD in  2008 when clearly it was in 2007 based upon my payment history which I offered to gladly fax my  2/2014 reports to them....nonetheless I spoke to guy about an alert I received for a dispute I didn't initiate and he said it was a dispute to remove the dispute comments I was like ok, he then asked was there anything else and I say yeah I am concerned about a CO that I have that is due to fall off year and I want to see if it qualify for an early exclusion, he said hold on let me check, about a few seconds later he came back and asked me "Ma'am where did you get the terminology exclusion from? Did you read that in our terms of service or something?" I said "No, I didn't read that anywhere on your terms of service I just simply asked you if it qualified for it or not you gave me the impression that it something I can ask for" He said okay hang on let me check, he came back said it would be removed and I should see the change reflect on my report next month...so because he was trying to figure out how i knew I could ask for it I have my fingers, toes and eyes crossed that he follow through and remove the CO. I have 2 more but they aren't schedule to be removed until 2018 and 2019, so I will see about those later.....but it seems like a small victory of some sort. I just hope he follows through.....

We shall see :-)

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax Early Exclusion - I think ( I hope)

@New_Beginning wrote:

After MANY failed call attempts to get one CO removed I think I finally got someone to take a CO account that has already fallen off of TU by itself  that I have been going around in circles with EQ and EX as to why they have the DOFD in  2008 when clearly it was in 2007 based upon my payment history which I offered to gladly fax my  2/2014 reports to them....nonetheless I spoke to guy about an alert I received for a dispute I didn't initiate and he said it was a dispute to remove the dispute comments I was like ok, he then asked was there anything else and I say yeah I am concerned about a CO that I have that is due to fall off year and I want to see if it qualify for an early exclusion, he said hold on let me check, about a few seconds later he came back and asked me "Ma'am where did you get the terminology exclusion from? Did you read that in our terms of service or something?" I said "No, I didn't read that anywhere on your terms of service I just simply asked you if it qualified for it or not you gave me the impression that it something I can ask for" He said okay hang on let me check, he came back said it would be removed and I should see the change reflect on my report next month...so because he was trying to figure out how i knew I could ask for it I have my fingers, toes and eyes crossed that he follow through and remove the CO. I have 2 more but they aren't schedule to be removed until 2018 and 2019, so I will see about those later.....but it seems like a small victory of some sort. I just hope he follows through.....

It most likely will happen and if you have a previous report indicating the DoFD and the payment history to back it up its not much of a problem to get them to remove. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

What was the charge off?
Message 3 of 9
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

@Warrior2000 wrote:
What was the charge off?

An old Chase credit card

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi would you be able to pm me the contact information of where you called.  I tried to talk to them about an early exclusion and they said it couldnt be done. 

@New_Beginning wrote:

Message 5 of 9
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi would you be able to pm me the contact information of where you called.  I tried to talk to them about an early exclusion and they said it couldnt be done. 

@New_Beginning wrote:

Done...

Message 6 of 9
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Good job OP!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 7 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

👏way to go!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have the contact info? It would be extremely helpful.
Thank you
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.