Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Incorrect Reporting?

tag
tortoise_credit
Regular Contributor

Equifax Incorrect Reporting?

Hi guys, I've been a lurker for a while and this forum is incredibly helpful, so first off I just want to thank you all for helping so many people.

I'm still in the repair stage of credit. My final collection dropped off this month and I just graduated on my Discover secured card, so things are looking great there!

The only major derog I have left are from a BoA credit card closed in 2016. There is a 90 day late that should fall off in April of 2022, so I can wait that one out. 

However, for some reason BoA reported a 60 day late right when I closed the account in 2016, but only on Equifax. I can't recall if it really was 60 days late, but looking at whatever email records I have left, I don't think it was. 

The other strange thing is that my annual credit report from both Equifax and TU show the account closed in May of 2015. I don't see how that is possible, since I had the account up until August or September of 2016.

Is either the 60 day late or the Date Closed something I should dispute? Thanks for any help with this!

Equifax credit report screenshots:

Payment history: https://i.imgur.com/LBlcDCy.png  (Edit: Fixed Link)

Account details: https://i.imgur.com/eNfNeAb.png 

Edit: Just for clarity, once the 90 day late falls off, this equifax 60 day late would be my only 60 day late on file. The only derogs remaining would be four 30 days during 2015-2016.

FICO 8Inq/1230/60/90 LatesAAoA
EX78114/0/09 yr 3 mo
EQ79313/1/08 yr 6 mo
TU77714/0/18 yr 9 mo
Last updated: 4/3/2022
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Equifax Incorrect Reporting?

You'll want to call the bank who furnishes the info to the CRA's first and ask them exactly what happened to your account. Take notes then. Ask if they would provide you with a letter showing all the details. Dispute as a last resort. The update may drop your scores for a while as a fresh update.

Message 2 of 5
tortoise_credit
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info @FireMedic1, I'll do exactly that and call BoA to see why they might have the close date in 2015, or why they may have recorded a 60 day late on EQ. Good info about the update affecting scores. I didn't realize that, but now after searching I see others who have disputed lates and it dropped their scores.

A bit unrelated, my goal here is to open an account with PenFed, and get one of their cards and a SSL. I had heard they remember your EQ score from when you first apply, so I didn't pull the trigger opening my account with them yet. But I might just be in analysis paralysis here... My FICO 8 TU is 716 and FICO 8 EX is 718, so I've already come a long way from the 500's.

EX78114/0/09 yr 3 mo
EQ79313/1/08 yr 6 mo
TU77714/0/18 yr 9 mo
Message 3 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Yeah print out what you seeing, compare the two and if they are off. Well this is what my report says. If it doesnt match have them fix it so it doesnt come down to a dispute. Best of luck.

Message 4 of 5
tortoise_credit
Regular Contributor

Thank you again @FireMedic1, I'm glad I asked here first, because I was close to just going straight to a dispute.

EX78114/0/09 yr 3 mo
EQ79313/1/08 yr 6 mo
TU77714/0/18 yr 9 mo
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.