Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax - Incorrectly Reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax - Incorrectly Reporting

Hello All, 

I have been rebuilding since August and I am struggling with Equifax. Starting in December 2020,, my equifax FICO 8 started to yo yo, one month it would be 773 and next week it will be 517. They literally are reporting all the correct information on the propiertary Equifax application but to other consumers reports like MyFICO, Credit Karma, Experian, and Smart Credit they are only reporting a subset of accounts. As of today, out of 29 accounts, they are only reporting 4 on 3rd party credit reporting agencies. Last week, they only reported 13. You never know what you're going to get. How do I fix this? Equifax blamed MyFICO and Experian but I don't think that is the case. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax - Incorrectly Reporting

If you pull your reports from annualcreditreport.com that will show you the most accurate look at your credit reports. So if the accounts are the same as myFICO & Experian then it is Equifax but if not it is something else. I know my Equifax doesn't even report to credit karma anymore and I think i read somewhere that Equifax was going to stop reporting to credit karma.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 2 of 3
DebtStinks
Established Contributor

Re: Equifax - Incorrectly Reporting

I've been having issues (that I noticed) for almost a year now and ONLY with Equifax. I have numerous accounts (8-9 varies) reporting delinquent and balances when they aren't delinquent and all have $0 balances and closed. It's a mystery and only on Equifax. In addition, I had a BK7 almost 4 years ago that's no longer reporting on Equifax only. If it helps, I have not disputed a single account on Equifax either.

Best of luck getting yours fixed.

NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 (Opened 1/19) - NFCU Platinum $21000 (Opened 1/21) - TTCU Platinum Visa $10000 (Opened 10/18) - Discover $5500 (Opened 11/21) - Barclays View MC $5000 (Opened 1/19) - Capital One Platinum $3500 (Opened 2/19) - Capital One World Elite MC $1000 (Opened 3/21) - Target Store Card $2000 (Opened 10/18) - Floor & Decor Store Card $42500 (Opened 10/18)
Closed - PenFed $35,000 - Cap1 World Elite MC $11,200
Total CL - $115500

CH7 BK Filed 8/1/17 Discharged 11/7/17

Scores as of 2/18/21:

Inquiries Last 12 Months:
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.