Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax - Odd Dispute Activity (removed 20) *post edited*

tag
maroonersrock
New Visitor

Equifax - Odd Dispute Activity (removed 20) *post edited*

i have been building since December. I guess technically rebuilding but I have never any credit worth speaking of. 

Anyway, in January I disputed all my negatives, collections, 2 hard inquiries (editing to say that I was mistaken on the HI, I just double checked myself on annualcreditreportcom bc that was one big thing that had me so stumped on this situation bc HI normally do not get removed. They are still there so I guess I read it wron-  the rest of what I listed deleted is still gone though) and some old addresses. I was just trying to clean it up some visually and thoight I might get lucky with a delete.

I checked it again today and they removed 15 collections, 4 addresses and 3 hard inquiries. I had 1 new (started jan) kickoff revolving acct show up and a credit strong installment both with 3 months of good payments start to report. My Vantage 3.0 went up 100 points to 675. i have never had a 675 anything before. 

Anyway, I am curious if anyone knows why all those accts were approved to be removed? Honestly, theyre all mine. I just figured it wouldnt hurt at this point, its not like anyone cares about my $1500 worth of "available credit" but me. I cant pull up the dispute records to see myself what they said or why bc its been like 30 days so they wont let me see them. 

thank yall! oh and this is my first post, nice to meet everyone and good luck to you all

4 REPLIES 4
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax - Odd Dispute Activity (removed 20)

Your luck day !  Perhaps these collections were aged to the point of dropping off soon anyway ?  

Welcome to the forum Smiley Wink

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 2 of 5
maroonersrock
New Visitor

Lucky is all I can think of because when I double checked the credit report I printed off in January none of these were scheduled anytime soon. 

I had 

fingerhut-2017

fingerhut-2019

comcast- 2022

3 radiology medical accts

selflender- 2021

victoria secret- 2017

vs from another debt collector company- 2017

capital one- 2020

first premier card- 2022

citibank- 2019

kohls- 2017

ann taylor- 2020

truist- ? idk, this really wasnt mine and idk what it was for or how it got there 

i really dont know what happened bc i am pretty sure they are still on my other reports i just havent checked yet. 

oh i edited my post to clarify that i was wrong- the hard inquiries are still there. i mis-saw that earlier 

Message 3 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Welcome @maroonersrock 

HI is hard pull? At times the CRA's will remove disputed items until the investigation is over. Once verified they will show back up and ding your scores with new update dates. Doesnt change the real dates they were entered. We can only go by disputing accurate info on here. Not disputing hoping to get something removed. So stay tuned.

Message 4 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Welcome @maroonersrock 

HI is hard pull? At times the CRA's will remove disputed items until the investigation is over. Once verified they will show back up and ding your scores with new update dates. Doesnt change the real dates they were entered. We can only go by disputing accurate info on here. Not disputing hoping to get something removed. So stay tuned.

This. I hope for your sake @maroonersrock the collections stay off, but if they're just temporarily gone while the investigation is completed, or if they really did get deleted for now, but are still within the 7 year window, they can always be re-reported by the collection agencies (CAs) or if a new CA takes over, they can freely re-report as well.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.