Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Playing Hard Ball!!!

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Equifax Playing Hard Ball!!!

Equifax has to be the worst  CRA to deal with. They just absolutey refuse to give EE.

I have been trying to get a judgement removed for the last 2 months off my credit report. They accidently reported it as satisfied instead of just removing it all together.

Trans and Exp have both deleted with no problems. But these Equifax reps just wont budge, it's like thier lives are depending on holding the line and not giving in on it.

Any strategies or suggestions out there that would help?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax Playing Hard Ball!!!

I think the most approve is a month before and they are not required to do it at all.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say that depends on when it is scheduled to fall off on its own - each of the three major CRAs has their own "common practice" on EE.

EQ seems to be more willing with just a month or so left before the "fall off" date, so if you're not close enough, EE probably isn't going to work until you get there.

All you can do is keep asking, because there is no rule or official policy governing EE - it's a favor from the CRA that can't be forced.

Even calling in and getting another, different rep can sometimes get it done on the same day the first rep says no.  Again, depending on how early you are from "fall off."

Message 3 of 15
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Yeah, they didn't accidentally report it as satisfied - that is correct. They aren't obligated to remove it, unfortunately.

When is it due to fall off?

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 4 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would say that depends on when it is scheduled to fall off on its own - each of the three major CRAs has their own "common practice" on EE.

EQ seems to be more willing with just a month or so left before the "fall off" date, so if you're not close enough, EE probably isn't going to work until you get there.

All you can do is keep asking, because there is no rule or official policy governing EE - it's a favor from the CRA that can't be forced.

Even calling in and getting another, different rep can sometimes get it done on the same day the first rep says no.  Again, depending on how early you are from "fall off."

Very good point.  One that I make on here daily.  It can easily take multiple attempts, and a lot of times it just depends on the rep who answers. This is true not only for this example, but also for PFD's and GW's too.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 15
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@MrsCHX wrote:

Yeah, they didn't accidentally report it as satisfied - that is correct. They aren't obligated to remove it, unfortunately.

The judgement originally was placed on my credit report in 2012. Due to me filing disputes weekly with EQ it is now listed as satisfied.It had been showing a Estimated year of removal of Dec 2018. But, now that It shows "satisfied" with verification date June 2016 I am wondering now if the time for removal has also been set back.

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 6 of 15
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@RM21 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Very good point.  One that I make on here daily.  It can easily take multiple attempts, and a lot of times it just depends on the rep who answers. This is true not only for this example, but also for PFD's and GW's too.

Yes, I agree with that. Persistence usually will pay off in the long run. Now to find the time to weed through countless reps in which many sound just alike to find the one that will make my day. 😀

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_endurance wrote:

@MrsCHX wrote:

The judgement originally was placed on my credit report in 2012. Due to me filing disputes weekly with EQ it is now listed as satisfied.It had been showing a Estimated year of removal of Dec 2018. But, now that It shows "satisfied" with verification date June 2016 I am wondering now if the time for removal has also been set back.

Removal is based on the filing date, nothing else.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the date is 2018 you will have no luck getting them to EE. You can check with the court and see if they have a process for vacating the judgment now that it is satisfied.
Message 9 of 15
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If the date is 2018 you will have no luck getting them to EE. You can check with the court and see if they have a process for vacating the judgment now that it is satisfied.

AGreed. You want to ask the creditor to vacate.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.