cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Says my SSN is not on file with them? Advice on what to do to get approved for bill me later

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Says my SSN is not on file with them? Advice on what to do to get approved for bill me later

Okay this is like out-of-hand now. I have a credit score of 636 or higher from equifax so I whated to sign up for bill me later seeing as I can go that route now. I'm 22 yr old male with 2 credit cards to my name and bills in order and whated to purchase a 300$$$ Monitor. But i get denied by bill me later so I call equifax and ask why I was denied and they say they don't have my SSN on file so they don't know who I am. Next they ask can I fax my SSN and state I.d over and then I will be able to use bill me later. My questions are.

1. Is it safe to fax your info over to equifax and surely there must be another way to update my info with them.

2. I asked him if 636 is the recommended for bill me later or is a higher credit score needed. What score is recommended and I have no dept and pay all my bills on time.

3. When you signed up for bill me later did you have a score like mine or way higher.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Equifax Says my SSN is not on file with them? Advice on what to do to get approved for bill me l

There is a website called whogavemecredit.com.  You can go there and type in Bill Me Later and see what types of scores people had and whether they were approved or denied.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax Says my SSN is not on file with them? Advice on what to do to get approved for bill me l

Hey man that helped out alot so i see poeple on there who were approved with worse scores then mine. guess ill have to wait until ssn updates to find out.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.