Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Version 5

tag
MovingOnward
Valued Member

Equifax Version 5

So, my husband and I are rebuilding our credit and have a subscription for our scores through MyFico.  We have to hit a certain credit score to get into the gated community to which we want to move, so I called them to see which version they use. Unlucky for us, it is the Equifax Version 5,  which is our WORST score, so I've got some serious work ahead of me and that may include pushing back our timeframe. Anyone have any brilliant ideas? I think it is probably our worst score because it deals with mortgage data, and the lates we have are with our mortage company. My hubby lost his job and we really struggled for quite some time, with multiple 30 day lates. We have no collections, one 30 day on Cap One that I've sent off a GW letter, good income now, and no judgements. We will have all cc debt paid off within two months, and a self-lender loan for installment loan (our cars are paid off). What sort of goat sacrifice can I do to boost Equifax? Or do they prefer Godiva chocolate and liquor sent as a bribe? Smiley Wink

1 REPLY 1
Harmony12
Frequent Contributor

Re: Equifax Version 5

Instead of self lender, try your local CU. I was able to get a credit builder loan with no money down, fees, credit check, or interest that reports to all 3 CRA from local credit union. You can also try a SSL from NFCU if you can become a member. You will need to keep a small balance on at least 1 CC (AZEO method). Once you get a positive installment tradeline and get your utilization down you scores should rise.  Also what are you FICO 5 & 8 scores?

Starting CK FAKOS 6/28/2018
TU 503
EQ 498
Discover EX 537

FICO 8
7/7/18 05/24/21
EQ 557 701
TU 566 715
EX 514 711

Mortgage Scores FICO 5,4,2
7/7/18 05/24/21
EQ 494 685
TU 480 703
EX 479 693

Goal Score 720
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.