Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax is Equistupid

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax is Equistupid

Since June I have been disputing my name with Equifax. I sent them a copy of my DL, my SS card, and a current utility bill. Every month I check my reports, every month my name is still spelled wrong. Every month I call, every month they say they will fix it, the next month it is still worng.

Just checked today, STILL WRONG!!!!

Who the fudge works there? Seriously, every month I go through the same process, and evry month I am lied to... Seriously, why do companies put so much faith in these three CRA's when as many of us know there are mistakes on almost everyones reports?

I think (and believe me I am not for BIG government interventions) that we need one national CRA. The FBI could investigate the Fraud, the Justic Department could sue the CA's, and the Feds could regulate the scores to more evenly match a persons credit worthiness. Seriously right now these three are a joke, and they are not held accountable for mistakes.

Message Edited by Pappy214 on 11-18-2008 10:35 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax is Equistupid

"Equifax is Equistupid

Love it!  I have no advice but to say good luck. Pretty soon, it's just going to be that because they say something about us, it makes it true.  "No, ma'am, our records show you live on 123 Made-Up Street, and I will NOT accept your five different utility bills, notorized statement, and sworn affidavit as proof of anything else."

Experian still reports DH's middle name as "null."   Smiley Very Happy

They are a joke.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax is Equistupid

Yep, they had my "current address" as the address my family lived at when I was in Jr. High School and opened up my first savings account over 30 years ago! They also have my current job listed as the one I had in high school, and that company went out of business in 1994. Smiley Wink 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.