cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax is telling me Account will stay on my credit report for 14 years?????

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Equifax is telling me Account will stay on my credit report for 14 years?????

@Anonymous wrote:
are you saying they get everything that has been deleted also???

If you are referring to the applying for a mortage over $150,000, yes, the creditor has the right to ask for your credit file, which is different than your credit report.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax is telling me Account will stay on my credit report for 14 years?????

This is interesting.  So this "credit file" is not governed by the FCRA?  Do you have any more info on this - I'd like to do some reading.  

@guiness56 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
are you saying they get everything that has been deleted also???

If you are referring to the applying for a mortage over $150,000, yes, the creditor has the right to ask for your credit file, which is different than your credit report.

Message 12 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It is governed by the FCRA. 

Look at the FCRA section 605 Requirements relating to information contained in consumer reports

In part this is what it says:

(b) Exempted cases. The provisions of paragraphs (1) through (5) of subsection (a) of

this section are not applicable in the case of any consumer credit report to be used in

connection with

(1) a credit transaction involving, or which may reasonably be expected to involve, a

principal amount of $150,000 or more;

(2) the underwriting of life insurance involving, or which may reasonably be

expected to involve, a face amount of $150,000 or more; or

(3) the employment of any individual at an annual salary which equals, or which may

reasonably be expected to equal $75,000, or more.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.