Did you mean: 

Equifax "not removing collection" problem

tag
Alexander251
New Contributor

Equifax "not removing collection" problem

hi folks.

I need help with an Equifax issue.

3-4 months ago,  I succeeded with a collection deletion but only Transunion and Experian have so far deleted it, NOT Equifax; and this despite the deletion letter being to sent to all three. I called Equifax and they said I have to dispute it which I did and it didn't work. it came back verified (also strange since CA agency requested it to be deleted). I also had the CA send the letter out twice and that didn't work either. I'm not sure what to do now. how do I get Equifax to delete this collection?. I have the deletion letter myself  too. Is there a department I can send it to at EQ or call?

thank you!

EX 733 (Lender Pulled)
TU 745 (Lender Pulled)
EQ 738 (Lender pulled)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alexander251
New Contributor

Re: Equifax "not removing collection" problem

update

Last night, I emailed Equifax about this matter and attached the deletion letter as well. This morning I received a response stating that "accurate information will not be removed". I called the CA up and had them re-send the deletion letter for the FOURTH time. Mind you that this CA is very easy to communicate with. Right after that , I called Equifax and had a 30-minute conversation which started with them claiming they HAVE NOT received any deletion letters and ended with a re-investigation case being opened to verify the validity of the deletion request. I immediately called the CA again and gave them the heads up about the outreach which will be made to them by Equifax about this matter.  So here I am 3 months later with an additional 30-day re-investigation period pushing this thing through with damn Equifax which took Experian literally ONLY 10 hours to have removed. no joke. 10 hours. When the clock turned 00.00 the next day, I refreshed my report and BOOM it was gone. I was shocked.  Transunion took a few weeks but nevertheless, they did it!!.Now I know why Experian decided to detach itself from the other two and why they are the number once choice for lenders to use.

EX 733 (Lender Pulled)
TU 745 (Lender Pulled)
EQ 738 (Lender pulled)

Message 2 of 6
diabla
Regular Contributor

Wow, I'm having the exact same issue but not with EQ or EX, but with TU!  EQ and EX deleted immediately after the CA requested deletion.  TU is refusing, keeps saying they haven't received anything, and then they put it into a dispute mode that's making me wait 30 days for resolution.  The CA has requested deletions at least twice if not 3x now.   TU is deliberately holding on to it like they know my personally and I did something to them.

Now on another collection, I had TU and EX delete immediately without question, but EQ changed the reporting to IIB and refuses to change it, says its reporting correctly.  The CA - actually Midland - says they sent a deletion but EQ is not honoring it.

So I guess your experience depends on the mood they're in that day. Or week.

Message 3 of 6
Alexander251
New Contributor

AND YESSSSS!!. FINALLY IT'S GONE from Equifax. too. 48 hours after the last step I took, they finally had it removed.. AWSOME! Im Happy. my score jumped up 29 points.

EX 733 (Lender Pulled)
TU 745 (Lender Pulled)
EQ 738 (Lender pulled)

Message 4 of 6
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Congrats on the +29

I had the same problem with EQ a few months ago

The CA called and wrote them several times to remove

the account since it wasn't mine (billing off by 1 number)

it took a total of 47 days to get it removed.

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 5 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats.  Equifax has always been so slow for me too.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.