cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax removed late payment? Too good to be true?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax removed late payment? Too good to be true?

The late payment is from 2019, so too early for an early exclusion. 

I've not made any disputes that could've resulted in temporary removal of late payment.

I did sent multiple letters to creditor for GW late payment removal but have been denied multiple times and I stopped sending letters two months ago. So I don't think they're a result of GW removal.

Only Equifax removed the late payment. Transunion and Experian still show the single late payment. Too good to be true right? Has anyone ever seen this "mistake" from bureau and later changed to correct payment history?

I'd love it to stay like it is but I wanna be realistic about it. Thanks for any info!  

5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax removed late payment? Too good to be true?

CRAs dont remove late payments unless they have reached statuatory exclusion time frames, it was removed by the creditor. Possible that the other 2 will follow with the removal.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! My credit score is now in the 800s for Equifax. I'd love for the rest to follow. I'll report back if it was a mistake from creditor or GW success! 

@gdale6 wrote:

CRAs dont remove late payments unless they have reached statuatory exclusion time frames, it was removed by the creditor. Possible that the other 2 will follow with the removal.

Message 3 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Its also possible the inquires were re-coded as SP instead of HP. SP won't show up under the HP section.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found it interesting today that MyFico notified me a deroagtory account/delinquency had been removed. TU has multiple lates on 2 x SLs that were overlooked and forgotten (not removed, unlike the other 3 SLs from the same servicer).

When I pulled my CRs from ACR/TU all the many, many lates are still there, but when I checked MyFico and CK, they were "only" reporting 6 x 120d lates (3 x 2 SLs) and now they show 4 remaining lates on MyFico and CK. Each late hit 4 years old, so not sure what this even means. These accounts are a mess and MyFico and CK show my last late 6y 6m ago, but these 6 (or now 4) lates hit 4 years old.

Who, knows which place is correct. No score change, which is unsurprising since there are still 4 x 120d lates between the 2 accounts. We will see in 2 more months if that is when my TU is "clean" and I get a socre increase, or if it will be in 6 more months, in Nov, when the "last reported late" (from 2014, not 2017) hits 7 years old, or if it will really be early 2024 when my lates are considered "gone" and that is when I see a score increase. This will be my last baddies on TU once the 3 CAs are gone by this Aug. So I would be super happy if they disappear in July or even Nov!

I hope for your sake it was a result of GW removal and they are gone for good!

Message 5 of 6
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Equifax late payment removal . . . I agree with @gdale6 as it must be a result of one of your goodwill letters because EQ is the most difficult of the 3 CRAs (in my experience). I've been trying to get a CO deleted that contains an error; TU and EX both has deleted the CO (I'm celebrating that accomplishment). Accept it as task completed in your favor!Smiley Happy

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.